DigiTech FreqOut Natural Feedback Creation Pedal

That’s such a fun pedal and one of the few that I haven’t sold off. It has its quirks as far as how it reacts to your playing but once you get used to it the pedal is predictable.

I bought one, I sold it, I regret and bought another one ten months ago, and since then it has been unused inside a drawer. A silly whim 😅

Same. Kinda.

Bought it, didn't like the release behavior, sold it eventually. Then bought another one after seeing Pete Thorn use it well. It was on my board in front of my FM3 for a long time. Right now, it's in a drawer. But, I'm not selling it again. I can't get the Fractal to do the same thing as well as it does when I want that effect.

IMHO, the key to using it well is momentary mode and releasing the button just before you cut off the note.

The problem with it is that the buffer sucks some highs (it's just enough for me to be able to hear it blind), and that bugs me if I let it. So, if I wanted to run one, at this point, I think I'd need to find a better buffer to put in front of it. I'm not opposed to that, but...it's enough to keep it in the drawer for now.

Hmmm ... in firmware 3.7 Line 6 has added a Feedbacker model to the Helix, similar to a FreqOut.

I have a Stomp that I broke out to check out the update but haven't had a chance yet. The new Line 6 Feedbacker actually offers a retrigger feature sorely missing from the FreqOut which the release notes indicate it simulates feedback shifting between different harmonics. Smart, and something I think Digitech should have done with a FreqOut 2.0. But since most those old Digitech guys now work for Line 6... ;)

Reactions: rog
Back
Top Bottom