Digital I/O

Urke

As this is my first post, I'd like to say hello to everyone here. I have been following these forums for about 2 years, and learned a great deal about tube amps and digital signal processing. I've finally made up my mind about ordering the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101. I should have the required money together by the end of the year. I mainly play bass, but I'm sure this piece of equipment would motivate me to play more guitar as well.

Now then, on to the question at hand. I was toying with the idea of hooking up an Axe-FX II with an Eventide Eclipse, and using the digital I/O seems most sensible. I wonder, is it possible to route the FX-loop through the AES/EBU? If not, is there an alternate way of making use of the ports? I'd very much prefer the option of placing the Eclipse anywhere in the signal chain, and i can't see any other option besides the FX-loop.

Thanks s0c9! I've consulted both the manual and the wiki, but neither seems to address this particular issue. I'll just have to figure things out as I go.

If the Eventide can remain the clock source when using its digital in & out, it's possible to use the Axe digital I/O as a send/return if you connect your guitar to Input 2 and route things a certain way using the FX Loop & feedback send/return blocks.

If the Eventide can remain the clock source when using its digital in & out, it's possible to use the Axe digital I/O as a send/return if you connect your guitar to Input 2 and route things a certain way using the FX Loop & feedback send/return blocks.

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your expertise.

Back
Top Bottom