Different EQ band values on AX8 and AX8-Edit

Erik Hammero

Inspired
The 8 band GEQ in the amp block states different values on the Ax8 than in Axe Edit. If I want to raise for instance the 1000 band in Axe Edit the same band reads 1250 in AX8. I did a clean reinstall of both the Axe Edit and the AX8 yesterday and its still the same. All the frequensis in the 8 band are different, but this is not the case with the other EQ types, only 8 band both types. Is it just mine or do others have this strange phenomenon too?

Last edited:
I can think of no reason why this would or more specifically happen to just you. What is likely happening is things are out of sync, that's all.

In order to know what the blocks are in the AX-8, AX-8 Edit looks at the block definitions in the AX-8 and creates a file on your PC.

You can manually refresh this by refreshing block definitions in AX-8 Edit when your AX-8 is connected to your PC. Just go under Preferences/Refresh in the editor and you'll see it.

Let me know if that resolves your issues.

Posting my reply from Facebook:

I did a reinstall of both Axe Edit and the AX8 plus that I took a refreshing of Axe Edit with no luck.

Bug confirmed and reported.
Actually, this is similar to a bug that was fixed for the Axe II in firmware 11.01, way back in 2013.

The Release Notes said:
Fixed incorrect graphic EQ frequencies in Amp block when set to 8-band.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom