Didn't somebody post a vid of Axe doing a Deluxe Memory Man?

speedyone

Hi all,

I could SWEAR that Cardinal of Crunk posted a vid of a patch he made with the Axe trying to recreate the sound of a memory Man.

Was it him?

Was it somebody else?

I saw the vid many months ago, but when trying to google it or find it on youtube, it was gone.

Anyone else remember seeing this?
:?

Re: Didn't somebody post a vid of Axe doing a Deluxe Memory

We are waiting on someone with a memory man to post a recording of the 100% wet signal with deep fast modulation so we can use the sequencer to recreate its envelope waveform.

Yes, I did a video with the DMM and Axe Fx facing off. I took it down a while ago because I didn't have the modulation set right on the Axe Fx and it just wasn't a very good comparison IMO. I don't have the clip saved anywhere, sorry about that! Don't have a DMM anymore either...

I'm still rocking a Moog Analog Delay and Fulltone Tube Tape Echo though, I wish I could nail them with the Axe but I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

Thanks very much for the reply. I knew I wasn't imagining things about your vid!

I'm still rocking a Moog Analog Delay and Fulltone Tube Tape Echo though, I wish I could nail them with the Axe but I'm pretty sure it's impossible.

Also VERY good to hear. I am sure the Axe can produce fantastic sounding delays, but I was after 2 very sought after tones (the DMM and a Tape Delay,) and I don't want to spend 2 years trying to tweak parameters fruitlessly.

The Axe is a tool and can create magnificent sounds... I don't really mind if it needs to be supplemented to get some of my favorite sounds.

Thanks again!

One more question for you--

On your videos featuring the Axe, I don't recall you saying what you were playing through.

Do you just play through an amp's fx loop?

Power amp and guitar cab?

FRFR set-up?

To you, what sounds best?

Thanks much for your time!

bump for response to:

One more question for you--

On your videos featuring the Axe, I don't recall you saying what you were playing through.

Do you just play through an amp's fx loop?

Power amp and guitar cab?

FRFR set-up?

To you, what sounds best?

Thanks much for your time!

Matman said:
We are waiting on someone with a memory man to post a recording of the 100% wet signal with deep fast modulation so we can use the sequencer to recreate its envelope waveform.

I'll try and pop that out to you this week.

Back
Top Bottom