Did you order a B-Stock last week from Fractal?

airdis

Those of you who managed to pick up a B-Stock Ultra two days ago may be interested in this.

After babysitting the store for who-knows-how-many hours, I managed to snag an Ultra last Thursday. I didn't mind that it was B-Stock, after all, as their site says "They are otherwise perfect and carry the full warranty"

Fractal shipped it on Friday.

I don't have it yet. It's still with UPS.

After the news, per the 15-day return policy, I intended to just ship it right back without even opening it.

So I emailed Fractal to get a return authorization. And got:

"Sorry, B-Stocks are not covered under the return policy."

WHAT?

On their site: (http://fractalaudio.com/purchase-fractal.html)

"All Sales are covered under the 15-day return."

I say again "All Sales are covered under the 15-day return.". They only sell four things. Ultra, Standard, MFC101, B-Stock.

Quote on the store:

"We have a limited number of Ultras with minor cosmetic defects. We are offering these at 10% off. They are otherwise perfect and carry the full warranty."

But according to Fractal this morning, B-Stock's don't count.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one considering the 15-day policy a safety net for my purchase.

All of us who managed to snag a B-Stock Ultra last week have been sold gear that Fractal knew would be discontinued *before we even received them* and the much-vaunted, and much-mentioned return policy has conveniently vanished.

Great.

If this is true, it is a shame! I cannot believe that! really ... I loved the business culture of fractal, but this sucks!

I was looking to buy a B-stock as well, but never had any luck. I did notice the exception in the return policy. The policy itself reads:

All Fractal Audio Systems (FAS) products come with a 15-day money-back guarantee.*
* Note: Guarantee only applicable to new units bought directly through Fractal Audio Systems. B-stock,
demo, and all other non-standard products are not included. ...

There's an asterisk in the actual policy, but not on the web page. It would have been easy to miss the exception, even though the web page states: "Please read the Terms and Conditions and Return Policy.".

You may have a legitimate beef, IMO. I would at least raise the issue. (The warranty is unrelated, I would guess). Good luck & hope it works out for you either way.

Back
Top Bottom