Did we forget to celebrate the 6-year anniversary of the Axe-Fx III in January?

Wild. I think it doesn't feel real because of all the updates -- it certainly seems like 10x the product I bought 6 years ago!
It's the very best example of "The gift that keeps on giving", except it wasn't a gift. "The purchase that keeps on giving" doesn't have the right ring to it though.

I was just wondering how much other gear I'd have purchased chasing sounds if I hadn't moved to Fractal. I figure I'm way ahead as a result of doing so.

Whaaat? 6 years? WTF. I thought it was like 2-3 years.

Damn. Like... DAMN! How can time fly so fast?

Covid man. I swear it was like a 3 year black hole of time. At least that's what I'm blaming it on.

I bought my house like a week before the lockdown, so coming up on 4 years here, and it feels like I've been here a year. This is also why I still haven't done half the stuff I said I would do when I moved in.

I was a year behind the release. Got mine in 2019. Will always love it. I’ve never considered other gear since then. Except mor FAS gear of course. 😀😀

My fractal gear is the only gear I have that gets consistently better as time goes on. Consider how rare that is- a piece of consumer electronics that six years after it's introduction is much more capable than the day it was introduced-
it's pretty extraordinary, and one of the biggest (but not the only) reasons why I'll continue to buy fractal products. My Axe 3 is the best gear purchase I've ever made, and I felt that way about my old II, and my old Axe Fx Standard before that. It's ridiculously useful- at church, I play it straight in, and it sounds great, reliable, easy to tweak... then at home, I can play it into my studio monitors or headphones for amazing tone at any volume... or I can hook it up to my w/d/w Swart rig as a monstrously capable pedalboard (it is impossible to describe how huge that rig sounds), or I can run it with my Tucana 3 in 4CM as a compact mono rig that can go anywhere and do anything spectacularly well... I love my Axe 3, and when the 4 is introduced, I really doubt I'll get rid of my 3- it's just too useful!

And of course, if I'm lazy, the FM9 does all the same stuff just as well! We're spoiled!

Back
Top Bottom