Did the Axe II get new knobs?

TubeAmpNut

Inspired
They look different on the wiki page than the fractal audio page...

axe-fx-ii-front-panel-600.jpg

Axe-fx-ii-front-panel-800.jpg

There are a few other minor changes too: The pin stripe under AxeFX II , "Output Levels", and "Out1/Out2"

Last edited:
Yes, they first units that went out are now rare and hard to find making them more valuable. It was done that way to reward the first buyers with something cool. Or it was a design decision because the knobs got dirty when you twisted them.

I thought they might have changed them so folks with fat fingers could twist them. I like the look of the larger knobs even though my fingers are fat!

Interesting... Good eye. I do like the look of the bigger knobs better. Not that it really matters.

The layout is the same. They went with different knobs because the rubbery ones (like on mine) were dropped in favor of the plastic knobs. Before anyone asks me why they did that; I didn't ask and no one told me why. :)

The layout is the same. They went with different knobs because the rubbery ones (like on mine) were dropped in favor of the plastic knobs. Before anyone asks me why they did that; I didn't ask and no one told me why. :)
Mine has fat ones too.. understand the decision was based on the "rubbery" ones getting dirty to quickly.. and for me, the size was a challenge, and I have relatively small hands. :)

Back
Top Bottom