Dialing it in at home

I have a pair of RCF TT25, but I dial in my sounds using Adam A7X. They don’t have to be loud to dial in. It is a little trial and error as in I road test new patches then tweak them at home.

If you have studio monitors rated at 200 watts or more, you can achieve gig levels in a small room.

The problem is that after dialing in a preset or two at that proximity and volume your ears may be too fatigued to accurately dial in stereo effects or to do anything studio related.
Obviously a small room is never ideal for dialing in performance preset—
but I guess it’s still Interesting to know how many watts it takes to achieve gig volume in one.

The problem is that after dialing in a preset or two at that proximity and volume your ears may be too fatigued to accurately dial in stereo effects or to do anything studio related.
Obviously a small room is never ideal for dialing in performance preset—
but I guess it’s still Interesting to know how many watts it takes to achieve gig volume in one.
Gig volume is gig volume. Ear fatigue is independent of room size. :)

Gig volume is gig volume. Ear fatigue is independent of room size. :)
Fine Rex-
then I want you to clarify if you meant 200 watts total or per side for dialing in stereo effects at gig volume in let’s say something reasonable like approx 15 x 15 or so.
Im serious I geek out on this shit.
Also- if my rig is at gig volume but I’m standing 40 feet away-
is it still gig volume 🤣🍺

Last edited:
Fine Rex-
then I want you to clarify if you meant 200 watts total or per side for dialing in stereo effects at gig volume in let’s say something reasonable like approx 15 x 15 or so.
Im serious I geek out on this shit.
Also- if my rig is at gig volume but I’m standing 40 feet away-
is it still gig volume 🤣🍺
Okay, no idea whether you’re serious or just saying that, but in case you really are...

By “gig volume,” I mean the volume that someone in the crowd is likely to experience at a gig — not the volume that you’d experience if you were close enough to lick the main speakers. ;)

If your studio monitors are rated at 200 watts or more (yes, that’s “per side;” studio monitors aren’t rated “per pair”), then you should be able to achieve gig volume anywhere in a 15x15 room.

Let’s say you’re listening at 100 dB SPL. It doesn’t matter whether you’re 40 feet away from the speakers or right on top of them. You ears will fatigue at the same rate that anyone would experience in a 100 dB sound field.

Okay, no idea whether you’re serious or just saying that, but in case you really are...

By “gig volume,” I mean the volume that someone in the crowd is likely to experience at a gig — not the volume that you’d experience if you were close enough to lick the main speakers. ;)

If your studio monitors are rated at 200 watts or more (yes, that’s “per side;” studio monitors aren’t rated “per pair”), then you should be able to achieve gig volume anywhere in a 15x15 room.

Let’s say you’re listening at 100 dB SPL. It doesn’t matter whether you’re 40 feet away from the speakers or right on top of them. You ears will fatigue at the same rate that anyone would experience in a 100 dB sound field.
That’s Awesome-
Once you came back with “ Ear fatigue is independent of room size”-
I knew you were gonna spit some fire.
I learned like 4 things.
Thx man.

Reactions: Rex
That’s Awesome-
Once you came back with “ Ear fatigue is independent of room size”-
I knew you were gonna spit some fire.
I learned like 4 things.
Thx man.
I'm just happy to know your questions were real, and you weren't just yanking my chain. :tonguewink: Always happy to respond to real questions.

Back
Top Bottom