Devin Townsend Rig Rundown

What's really cool is he's back to using just 1 Axe-FX for everything. I saw DTP in November and they sounded great. Everyone was direct to the board and it sounded pretty good.

That was a cool episode. What a character he is. I'm not a Bollinger fan so it was good to see Devin get him out of his norm.

Can anyone get that strong wah sound out of the axe? My wah just seems weak, it doesnt take over the signal like DT!

ANyone want to take a shot at making that opening sound?! Ive tried, not too close. Crazy gain, deep bass and awesome effects/wah!

I reckon this is why any guitar rig rundown with the Axe FX is ultimately boring. A 26 minute video, 14 minutes alone about the guitar, then some talk about the Radial Switcher and the last quarter about the Axe FX. Which basically boils down to the logistics and philosophy of using the Black Box.

No sexy pedals to talk about, no sexy amps to talk about. Just one guitar and a digital box. The only saving grace is that Devin knows how to carry on the conversation and keep it interesting. If you're into fractal you will love it as it confirms everything why you bought the Black Box in the first place. If you're into analog it will depend if you're into Devin or not. Otherwise, probably not.

Back
Top Bottom