Devin Townsend Preset and FM3

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
Huge thanks to FAS for making this available to us, awesome.
I have some questions please as I have not seen a video of the scenes in use...or know a lot about Mr.Townsend. I did watch the Covid video, and I can tell I want to learn a lot more of his stuff !! New Fan here.

Question please for FM3 users who have loaded this to 1.03, CPU at 81%, working fine :)
Would Mr.T have two expression pedals ? When I load this both VOL and (WAH in parallel) are active and assigned to EXT 1. ( Is this by default on FM3?)
I have 1 EXP Pedal....also set for EXT 1, makes for some weirdness at the moment :)
Scene 1 and 2 have a lot of active blocks, see picScreen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.04.56 PM.png....I am getting a real wide sound, intentional ? Again, I have no reference as to what it should sound like, this may be normal.
The synth scene I have to turn up the SYN block volume a lot to hear it ? Again, may be normal, wondering what others experienced ?

I have a new appreciation for a drive pedal in front of an AMP....and Herbie CH3, thats just AWESOME !

Again I am very grateful for this gift.

Question please for FM3 users who have loaded this to 1.03, CPU at 81%, working fine :)
Would Mr.T have two expression pedals ? When I load this both VOL and (WAH in parallel) are active and assigned to EXT 1. ( Is this by default on FM3?)
Congratulations! You’ve discovered @Admin M@ ’s "Golden Wah." :)

He's only using one expression pedal. Notice how the Wah is never bypassed, and how it kicks in so smoothly when the pedal is rocked forward. Devin uses only one expression pedal for this.

The synth scene I have to turn up the SYN block volume a lot to hear it ? Again, may be normal, wondering what others experienced ?
The Synth block is used to add a little more lush meatiness to the guitar tone. It's not intended to sound too much like a synthesizer.

Thanks Rex !
I will have another go...have you loaded this ? Is the Clean scene supposed to be this"wide" ? I guess I have no context of its use is the problem :)
thanks
PS Stuck on the HEAVY scene all afternoon :)

Thanks Rex !
I will have another go...have you loaded this ? Is the Clean scene supposed to be this"wide" ? I guess I have no context of its use is the problem :)
thanks
PS Stuck on the HEAVY scene all afternoon :)
The Clean scene is exactly as intended. Thick and rich. It works with lots of different guitars, buy try it with single coils.

Will do. And thanks for checking Rex.

I can’t get over the Herbie though ....it’s my new main Hi Gain.
I would never of put a Drive in front of Herb CH3......
Blistering.

Blistering.
Yeah, that Herbie really speaks.

Blistering.

The Herbert is an amazing amp! It’s like if a Marshall and a Boogie had a child. Thank God Cliff modeled it because I could never afford one in real life.

Back
Top Bottom