Devin Townsend: On Tones, Heaviness, and the Fractal Axe-Fx III

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hot off the presses... live from the road, here's Devin Townsend talking about the "glorious" Axe-Fx III rig he won't leave home without.
The great Mike Keneally also plays an Axe-Fx III in Devin's band.

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to see HevyDevy and company when they played in my city a few weeks ago. The live sound was glorious, and this was a semi open venue with a freaking train station next door. Great interview!

While there’s no doubt he’s an exceptionally talented musician. I’ve tried many times to get into his music, but It just hasn’t clicked with me. That said, I really enjoyed this video. Great perspective from a seemingly humble guy.

While there’s no doubt he’s an exceptionally talented musician. I’ve tried many times to get into his music, but It just hasn’t clicked with me. That said, I really enjoyed this video. Great perspective from a seemingly humble guy.
Try the strapping young lad SYL album, it's a masterpiece

As if I didn’t love the Axe-Fx enough already! What a great vid and super interesting. Loved hearing his perspective on how and why he does things.

Allergies are hitting us hard in Florida right now, I literally just started the video and had to start it over because the constant barrage of sneezing that came immediately after. And I’m going snorkeling in an hour!
How true! I am experiencing more allergy issues this year than ever here in the Tampa Bay area.

Back
Top Bottom