Development with the next firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. im literally clinging onto this page for an explanation as to how it was done, was it on the output block? was it something else? I should point out that this comes purely from a love of the unit and what it does. it would be awesome on beta release day to get a few words about how/why/what needed to be done that was different, maybe even an extra special shout out to the dev team etc?! heck I'd throw in some bucks so the guys can have a few beers....
Hi Steve your a heck of a guitar player surprised you dont have an AXE III :)

8m8mkf.jpg

Thank you Fractal.
I'd love to know some more info on how you done gapless... were there any problems, or surprises when making gapless work? I know you cannot give away the actual secrets etc, but I'm just fascinated with my little box of wonder.
seriously thank you for changing my working musicians life for the better. ie, Easier!

I think gappless works a bit similar to a global delay spillover. There's a little buffer of whatever sound the unit is currently making that when you swap scenes or presets instead of quickly crossfading to silence until the new sound is ready, it crossfades to the buffer with your last X ms playing to "continue" the last sound. Once the new sound is ready it crossfades into the new sound.

So the slience that used to make the gap is replaced with a loop or continuation or repeat of the sound your were just on instead.

The switch is fast enough that it isn't very obvious there was a repeat, and it's much less noticable than the short period of silence or gap that used to be there.

I think gappless works a bit similar to a global delay spillover. There's a little buffer of whatever sound the unit is currently making that when you swap scenes or presets instead of quickly crossfading to silence until the new sound is ready, it crossfades to the buffer with your last X ms playing to "continue" the last sound. Once the new sound is ready it crossfades into the new sound.

So the slience that used to make the gap is replaced with a loop or continuation or repeat of the sound your were just on instead.

The switch is fast enough that it isn't very obvious there was a repeat, and it's much less noticable than the short period of silence or gap that used to be there
if this is the case, then just coming up with that concept about looping a sample point whilst it switches is sheer genius.
how the heck do people come up with this stuff? I have trouble eating my breakfast in the morning.. jeez.

if this is the case, then just coming up with that concept about looping a sample point whilst it switches is sheer genius.
how the heck do people come up with this stuff? I have trouble eating my breakfast in the morning.. jeez.
It's sort of the audio equvalent to Apple taking a screenshot of your app just before it closes, so that when you go to switch back to it they show the screenshot of what it last looked like while it's reloading itself in the background. A little bit of smoke and mirrors to make everything feel more smooth and polished.

It's sort of the audio equvalent to Apple taking a screenshot of your app just before it closes, so that when you go to switch back to it they show the screenshot of what it last looked like while it's reloading itself in the background. A little bit of smoke and mirrors to make everything feel more smooth and polished.
ingenious, kind of like a faux-memory resident thing. Let's see if FAS comment on how it's done when the beta is released. there are a lot of people waiting on this one, the implications for the FM3 are immense, so I'll bet they're absolutely making sure it's solid.

Gotta be honest… I’m looking forward to the 2203 models more than anything else on the list. 😂
I own two 1978 2203 heads. I'm excited too! to be honest, the amps already sound (and feel) like the real deal, and out of 300 odd, I barely use about 10 of those, lol, but heck i'm onboard, if I can nab my 2203, I'll probably abandon my JMP-1 models and whack some (virtual) stomps like i used to in the old days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom