Development with the next firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm still gigging the FM3 and don't need parity. sounded good before the Axe3 beta was announced, sounds good after too.
Of course it sounds good either way. Like I said it’s not a big deal. But having a new amp or pedal that was available on the AF3 that became a cornerstone of your sound and you had to wait 8 months until you could get it on your other Fractal for gigs, it would be a bit frustrating.

I’m definitely a Fractal fan. I have given them thousands of dollars of my hard earned money over the years. That said, there’s always room for constructive criticism and observations. It seems that anytime someone offers a less than glowing observation, people feel compelled to rush in to defend Fractals honor lol.

It’s all good.

Of course it sounds good either way. Like I said it’s not a big deal. But having a new amp or pedal that was available on the AF3 that became a cornerstone of your sound and you had to wait 8 months until you could get it on your other Fractal for gigs, it would be a bit frustrating.

I’m definitely a Fractal fan. I have given them thousands of dollars of my hard earned money over the years. That said, there’s always room for constructive criticism and observations. It seems that anytime someone offers a less than glowing observation, people feel compelled to rush in to defend Fractals honor lol.

It’s all good.
You’re fortunate to have both an axe and fm. Someone who just has the FM3 for example wouldn’t have the new item for a new cornerstone so they aren’t affected by this concept.

The different devices are different. Dev teams are working around the clock to bring updates to everyone as fast as possible. If there’s a lag among devices, there is a problem they are trying to solve to bring everything from the flagship to the less costly devices.

Last edited:
You’re fortunate to have both an axe and fm. Someone who just has the FM3 for example wouldn’t have the new item for a new cornerstone so they aren’t affected by this concept.

The different devices are different. Dev teams are working around the clock to bring updates to everyone as fast as possible. If there’s a large among devices, there is a problem they are trying to solve to bring everything from the flagship to the less costly devices.
Yes, good point. 🤘🏼

Fortunate to even have an FM3. Line6 guys are like “what does firmware update mean”
Not wanting to stir a pot, but I came from a helix floor to the fm3. And while I do love my fm3 and the tone I get from it, in Line6 defense - they did update frequently enough.

The Helix floor was released in 2015 - 29 releases since then. Not too shabby for a device released almost 10 years ago.

F5
Animation Waiting GIF by Modicum

The pace of Helix updates has decreased drastically. There's maybe 1 big release per year now and one bug fix release.

https://helixhelp.com/release-notes

The FM3 has had 21 releases since launch, by my count. And it hasn't been out nearly as long.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware_release_notes_-_FM3
There definitely no one updating products as much as Fractal
Helix as you mentioned is 1 or maybe 2 a year

NDSP . Lord knows they did one I think in 2023 granted they released the editor and are focused on the plug in but
Other than bug fixes those guys fit one

Kemper I think does one every year or 2 if your lucky

So Fractal is still by far the benchmark for updates even if the FM series update are a bit farther between and in general when they arrive they are massive

There definitely no one updating products as much as Fractal
Helix as you mentioned is 1 or maybe 2 a year

NDSP . Lord knows they did one I think in 2023 granted they released the editor and are focused on the plug in but
Other than bug fixes those guys fit one

Kemper I think does one every year or 2 if your lucky

So Fractal is still by far the benchmark for updates even if the FM series update are a bit farther between and in general when they arrive they are massive
1000% all of this. Funny swimming pool meme duly noted:D

The Helix floor was released in 2015 - 29 releases since then. Not too shabby for a device released almost 10 years ago.
For comparison, the first FX3 firmware I have in my archive is from 3/14/2018, and there've been 232 firmware releases including beta. Excluding beta there have been 117.

The FM3 was 2/11/2020, and 89 and 20 respectively.

The FM9 was 5/13/2022, and 91 and 15 respectively.

The FM* units tend to have fewer but bigger updates because they're rolling Cliff’s multiple updates into one.

Last edited:
While I appreciate the humor, that's nothing close to the truth. It might seem like it on the surface, but they're working their *sses off and these sort of memes might be seen as criticism of and by the developers.
I appreciate the hard work. Thanks to the Fractal team for all you do, especially behind the scenes. I'm over here like a fat kid that loves cake... and Fractal keeps baking delicious cakes. It's just tough when the whole house smells like delicious cake, and I gotta wait to have a slice LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom