Development with the next firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t expect anything, dude. I thought I remembered the latest thing on AxeFXIII being released on a Saturday plus there’s other threads about this I don’t keep up with so I was just seeing if anybody had heard anything I had not heard.
I don’t appreciate the unwarranted hostility.
Did I come across any kind of way in my question? The answer is no, I didn’t. I have been patient and rooting for the Fractal team and even commented about how comments that do come across as rude and pushy don’t help.
I should be able to ask a simple question without being talked down to by somebody who wants to posture.
I don’t think it is outrageous to suggest that hoping for a free firmware release on the weekend is a bit of a stretch. There has never been a release for the FM3 on the weekend to my knowledge.

There has been a level of entitlement expressed on this forum that many of us find distasteful given the absurd amount of free upgrades we receive for this unit - a gift from the team at Fractal. If your question was sincerely out of curiosity then you have my apologies, but I don’t think my sentiment was wildly out of bounds given the number of people on this forum demanding constant free updates.

Just a note that we're releasing another private beta today [that was the 22nd of march]. Rather than releasing the gapless switching update, we decided to also include the latest amp modeling improvements from the Axe-Fx III, which took a bit of extra time. FM3 will first get a public beta, and then after Axe-Fx III gets a non-beta release, so will the FM3.

just to refresh our memories, above is the latest official statement i know of.
so private beta is running, and once succuessfully completed the next steps would be:

fm3 - public beta (incl. gapless, new amps etc / cygnus x-3)
fxIII - non-beta (incl. gapless, new amps etc / cygnus x-3)
fm3 - non beta (incl. gapless, new amps etc / cygnus x-3)
(have not read how the fm9 amp modelling improvements (cygnus x-3) are handled)

that is how i at least read it.

we should also carefully read the reset-preset drama, so that every fm3 user is prepared :)

will the update increase the DSP consumption on the FM3? I'm concerned that I've to adjust my preset to fit the new updates. :confused:

They said that they were working on X-3 for the fm3 and another private beta was released this week.

Now you know fm3 will get the update just be patient. Fm3 won’t be a legacy product this year so everything’s great.
Hate to say "I told you so." ...No wait, I love to say "I told you so!" They're not going to EOL a product when they just recently put out a new hardware revision. While some posters thought that the FM3 would probably not be able to run even the pre CX3 amp modeling improvements, it's now in beta for CX3 only a few weeks after it came out for the FXIII. There were also a lot of doubts about the FM3 getting gapless. Well, now it's confirmed.

Hate to say "I told you so." ...No wait, I love to say "I told you so!" They're not going to EOL a product when they just recently put out a new hardware revision. While some posters thought that the FM3 would probably not be able to run even the pre CX3 amp modeling improvements, it's now in beta for CX3 only a few weeks after it came out for the FXIII. There were also a lot of doubts about the FM3 getting gapless. Well, now it's confirmed.
Agree completely. there's tons of life left in the little beast. I never doubted they coud do it. I just hope there's more to come, but if not, great! we got a kicking product already!

Just a friendly reminder that if you want the Axe FX 3 updates immediately every time, then buy an Axe FX 3.

We knew the downsides to the FM3, and being a few miles down river of all future updates was one of them :)
I had no idea about the hierarchy of the Fractal units .
I bought the FM3 because of a recommendation.
The price point was also a consideration.
I will patiently wait for what may or may not happen.
No regerts lol

Here's one example of why it will be nice to be on the same firmware feature set as the AF3 (where possible). I have an FM9 and a new FM3T MkII. I play in an original rock band, and tend to live on one 'kitchen sink' type preset for a whole gig or rehearsal. I share my favorite couple presets between the two units. Today, I was trying out some overdrives on the FM9 and really started enjoying the Nobles ODR-1. So, I added it to my go to preset on the FM9, but won't be able to do that on the FM3 until it gets updated. Is it big deal, of course not - but it's just another reason why it would be nice if the firmware updates across all 3 units happened fairly close together. Don't flame me, lol. Like I said, it's a first world problem.

Here's one example of why it will be nice to be on the same firmware feature set as the AF3 (where possible). I have an FM9 and a new FM3T MkII. I play in an original rock band, and tend to live on one 'kitchen sink' type preset for a whole gig or rehearsal. I share my favorite couple presets between the two units. Today, I was trying out some overdrives on the FM9 and really started enjoying the Nobles ODR-1. So, I added it to my go to preset on the FM9, but won't be able to do that on the FM3 until it gets updated. Is it big deal, of course not - but it's just another reason why it would be nice if the firmware updates across all 3 units happened fairly close together. Don't flame me, lol. Like I said, it's a first world problem.
Just don't update your AF3 until the equivalent firmware is out for the FM3/FM9. It's the same net effect as if FAS waited until all three were ready for release.

Just don't update your AF3 until the equivalent firmware is out for the FM3/FM9. It's the same net effect as if FAS waited until all three were ready for release.
Yeah, I suppose that’s a solution. But waiting sucks LOL. At the rate that the AF3 updates, you’d always be a few firmwares behind.

I mean if you watch the AF3 forum, guys are clamoring for another update within a week or two of getting a new firmware. The FM3 hasn’t updated since last August. So in theory, if you are a working musician creating presets at home on the AF3, and wanting to gig them in the FM3, you’d potentially have to wait 8 months until all available options across the hardware is in parity. Like I said, it’s not big deal, and there are work arounds, but it would be nice.

Yeah, I suppose that’s a solution. But waiting sucks LOL. At the rate that the AF3 updates, you’d always be a few firmwares behind.

I mean if you watch the AF3 forum, guys are clamoring for another update within a week or two of getting a new firmware. The FM3 hasn’t updated since last August. So in theory, if you are a working musician creating presets at home on the AF3, and wanting to gig them in the FM3, you’d potentially have to wait 8 months until all available options across the hardware is in parity. Like I said, it’s not big deal, and there are work arounds, but it would be nice.
i'm still gigging the FM3 and don't need parity. sounded good before the Axe3 beta was announced, sounds good after too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom