AFIII Presets Develop Device | Fractal Axe-Fx III Presets Master Thread

Third-party preset or preset pack for the Axe-Fx III
Me also no clue about TMA - I managed to get some presets sounding ok but had to add a favorite ir and lots of tweaks otherwise presets sounds horrible - not sure why

Also theres only 2 scenes per preset - rhythm and lead and just has generic names not a name of a song to emulate

I'm using headphones on a single coil Ibanez guitars

Me also no clue about TMA - I managed to get some presets sounding ok but had to add a favorite ir and lots of tweaks otherwise presets sounds horrible - not sure why

Also theres only 2 scenes per preset - rhythm and lead and just has generic names not a name of a song to emulate

I'm using headphones on a single coil Ibanez guitars
To make it sound good, I use one of my tube amps in combination with a nice sounding IR from my collection + more advanced post production. I'll send this signal to the Fractal unit to create a great sounding preset using a TMA block. The advantage is also that presets are easier to import. You don't have to deal with importing cabinet afterwards.

Thanks for info I only use headphones at the moment how can I use your presets with headphones ? should I not be using TMA block ? or should I and how would I change it for headphones ? thanks much

Thanks for info I only use headphones at the moment how can I use your presets with headphones ? should I not be using TMA block ? or should I and how would I change it for headphones ? thanks much
Using presets with TMA block is the same as with Cab block. There is no difference. The only thing you have to watch out for is that only Axe-Fx III or Axe-Fx II has Tonematch functionality. AX8, FM3, and FM9 do not support TMA blocks. For these units, I am preparing versions with classic Cab blocks. The sound is identical, but you need to import IRs in addition to the presets. So one extra step.

The TMA Blocks I have for his Modern Match pack Is Insanely great, try it with your Axe 3, Trust me... Oh and I use headphones mostly too, and all I can say is I smile the whole time...

The TMA Blocks I have for his Modern Match pack Is Insanely great, try it with your Axe 3, Trust me... Oh and I use headphones mostly too, and all I can say is I smile the whole time...
Would you mind helping me out ? I am not sure how to use it - seen a few YT videos but not much on the subject - do you have do do the DAW process ? rater not just like usable preset without to much intervention - thanks

Would you mind helping me out ? I am not sure how to use it - seen a few YT videos but not much on the subject - do you have do do the DAW process ? rater not just like usable preset without to much intervention - thanks
I'd love to be helpful!
Just highlight the Presets, then load them into the Preset folder then find space numbers where to drag them then save and don't load the IR's or cabs just use the TMA thats already in the preset and play, thats what I did and that Modern Match pack sounds unreal! Then open your DAW load a audio track and plug your axe in and record, this is what I do all weekend, no life at all 🤘🏼🥴

I'd love to be helpful!
Just highlight the Presets, then load them into the Preset folder then find space numbers where to drag them then save and don't load the IR's or cabs just use the TMA thats already in the preset and play, thats what I did and that Modern Match pack sounds unreal! Then open your DAW load a audio track and plug your axe in and record, this is what I do all weekend, no life at all 🤘🏼🥴

Thanks much unfortunately using TMA block preset does not sound correct sounds like a squeal sound

Thanks much unfortunately using TMA block preset does not sound correct sounds like a squeal sound
And are you talking about my presets or just in general? I honestly don't know how to help you exactly. Using presets with a TMA block is exactly the same as using presets with a Cab block. You just load it into your Axe-Fx III unit (in any available user preset slot) and play. It's a matter of a few clicks.

I recently wrote a brief tutorial on how to do this. For presets with a TMA block, it's even easier, because it eliminates importing cabinet IRs.
https://developdevice.com/blogs/new...s-and-wav-cabinet-irs-into-fractal-axe-fx-iii

If the preset with the TMA block does not sound correct, it is not a problem of the Fractal unit as such, but of the source sound that was captured by the TMA block.

And are you talking about my presets or just in general? I honestly don't know how to help you exactly. Using presets with a TMA block is exactly the same as using presets with a Cab block. You just load it into your Axe-Fx III unit (in any available user preset slot) and play. It's a matter of a few clicks.

I recently wrote a brief tutorial on how to do this. For presets with a TMA block, it's even easier, because it eliminates importing cabinet IRs.
https://developdevice.com/blogs/new...s-and-wav-cabinet-irs-into-fractal-axe-fx-iii

If the preset with the TMA block does not sound correct, it is not a problem of the Fractal unit as such, but of the source sound that was captured by the TMA block.
Yes your presets - let me check out tutorial - thanks much

Checked out tutorial I know how to do all of that - Ill have to look more into your presets and see if I can figure out whats going on - thanks

Source sound are you saying I need to do that process TMA block is not ready to go as is ?
No. My presets (with Cab or TMA blocks) are mix-ready, and no further action is needed. What you hear in the demos should be approximately the same when you plug your guitar into your Axe-Fx III unit. I don't use any additional post-production within the demos. It probably won't be 100% the same. I'm not using the same guitar, pickups, etc. as you. If you need the 1: 1 sound you're looking for, I offer the creation of custom presets based on your specific signal path.

So, if it sounds diametrically different than what you hear in the samples, there's probably a problem with your unit setup or within your DAW. Alternatively, contact me via my website (link in signature), give me an order number, and you'll sort it out further.

Had a small squelch today on my Modern Match preset, and I did the 19.01fw update, would that have anything to do with it?
Thanks DD

Back
Top Bottom