DEM VOX FEELS, MAN!!!

Thanks guys. I'll tell you what though - the patch is super simple, but requires the new OwnHammer Checkerboard Cabinet. It goes as follows:

gain: 3.88
Bass: 3.71
Mid: 5
Treb: 7.02 bright on
Thunk: 4.12

Stereo Cab panned center:

1. OH MAR-CB ALN-BLUE T2 Dyn-57
2. OH MAR-CB ALN-BLUE T2 RBN-121

Mix those to taste. I drop the R121 back a bit - Kevin recommends -6 and I tend to agree. More or less depending upon your mileage.

- Stereo Tape Delay EQ'd to taste and Modulated to taste. Play with the feedback until you are happy. Mine is set around 27% - more washy. If you want it more washy, increase the diffusion in the MOD section. Yummers.

I set up a mix block, panned the amp a bit to the left, and left the stereo tape delay alone so that it is spread 100% left and right. From there, the only really noticeable effect is a BIG FAT HALL verb that I made with Valhalla Vintage Verb. You could approximate it with the Axe-fx II verb, and I'm sure you'd get might close. But there's something about Valhalla Vintage Verb that I just love. It can do everything from really sweet mixable rooms to these vast spaces that just make you feel like you're staring into a gas cloud somewhere across the universe.

I should point out that I'm playing on a Bernie Rico Jr. Jekyll 727 - all mahogany, thick maple cap, and it's loaded with Bare Knuckle Painkiller Humbuckers. This guitar has a unique tone thing going on, and a lot of times when I load up a patch people say it sounds like garbage on their setup. That's pretty much why I don't upload patches. They almost never work for anybody else. :)

Different settings on the amp, but I was using a similar cab pairing last night, only the T1 versions. LsL strat... plate reveb set mild. Tape delay.. cause it's the sh!t. I like to push the amp a little harder and back off the volume on the guitar a little to get more VOX crunched glass clean.. works with the Strat anyway.

Thanks guys. I'll tell you what though - the patch is super simple, but requires the new OwnHammer Checkerboard Cabinet. It goes as follows:

gain: 3.88
Bass: 3.71
Mid: 5
Treb: 7.02 bright on
Thunk: 4.12

Stereo Cab panned center:

Mix those to taste. I drop the R121 back a bit - Kevin recommends -6 and I tend to agree. More or less depending upon your mileage.

- Stereo Tape Delay EQ'd to taste and Modulated to taste. Play with the feedback until you are happy. Mine is set around 27% - more washy. If you want it more washy, increase the diffusion in the MOD section. Yummers.

I set up a mix block, panned the amp a bit to the left, and left the stereo tape delay alone so that it is spread 100% left and right. From there, the only really noticeable effect is a BIG FAT HALL verb that I made with Valhalla Vintage Verb. You could approximate it with the Axe-fx II verb, and I'm sure you'd get might close. But there's something about Valhalla Vintage Verb that I just love. It can do everything from really sweet mixable rooms to these vast spaces that just make you feel like you're staring into a gas cloud somewhere across the universe.

I should point out that I'm playing on a Bernie Rico Jr. Jekyll 727 - all mahogany, thick maple cap, and it's loaded with Bare Knuckle Painkiller Humbuckers. This guitar has a unique tone thing going on, and a lot of times when I load up a patch people say it sounds like garbage on their setup. That's pretty much why I don't upload patches. They almost never work for anybody else. :)

Hi,

Are these in the "modern pack"

I bought the vintage pack but didnt see it in there.

Thanks,
D

Hi,

Are these in the "modern pack"

I bought the vintage pack but didnt see it in there.

Thanks,
D
Yes - Modern Pack

I've not managed to get past the AC30 factory preset (just with stock cab) in 2 days now with 11/11.01 .... it even sounds lovely with EMGs with the treble boost off and input trim wound back a bit. Outstandingly responsive

Yes - Modern Pack

I've not managed to get past the AC30 factory preset (just with stock cab) in 2 days now with 11/11.01 .... it even sounds lovely with EMGs with the treble boost off and input trim wound back a bit. Outstandingly responsive

Thanks,

When you say "ac30" patch, is that #006 "top boost"?

Thanks,
D

Hey where do i find the valhalla reverb?

Valhalla DSP makes some awesome affordable plugs. Their verbs are awesome, and I also have ubermod - which is a super cool delay/modulation plugin. Don't freak over the super simple looking GUI (which I find pleasantly minimalist) For the money, you can't beat the quality. In fact, they beat out a lot more expensive plugs:

ValhallaDSP

Back
Top Bottom