Deluxe mind guy?

I was wondering if anyone who owns an original DMM can comment how good or bad the fractal model is? I’ve never owned the big box but the axe delay repeats are definitely dark sounding which I’m not sure is accurate or not. I’ve read complaints about physical DMM reissues repeats being too dark…

It seems close in character of the repeats to my Memory Boy pedal, but I don't know how far off that is from the DMM.

Are you going for accurate or do you want less dark repeats?

You can always adjust the EQ in the Delay block so there's not as much high cut.

My understanding is that the whole thing with the DMM is the highly colored dark repeats that blend wonderfully in the mix

I bought one back in '83 or '84. From what I remember, it had its own thing going on. Repeats always seemed kind of smeared, the chorus and vibrato kind of meh. Though it did have a decent fun factor. It was like messing around with a mad scientist's bench experiment. It nailed the early U2 sound, if that was your thing. Traded it and got a different delay. It always amazes me how mediocre gear from back in the day becomes coveted.

It's an analog BBD based delay. The repeats will be quite colored and dark. If you want pristine clear repeats, use a tape or digital delay.

Back
Top Bottom