Delay MS not configurable when set to 1/4 tempo

You can't, because they're contradictory. It's like wanting to set it to 500ms and 441ms at the same time. The 1/4 note is a relative speed, dependent upon the tap tempo. MS speeds are independent, and will always delay at the same rate. When a rhythmic delay (like 1/4 note) is set, it would obviously then disable a fixed delay time.

Ok, so my understanding of how that works is a bit different...Shouldn't Tempo be rhythmic and time be how fast that rhythm is????

Anyway, so I can use the tap tempo to change the time of the delay, correct?

Pete

Ok, so my understanding of how that works is a bit different...Shouldn't Tempo be rhythmic and time be how fast that rhythm is????

Anyway, so I can use the tap tempo to change the time of the delay, correct?

Pete

That is the way it works. But I'm still trying to wrap my head around the tempo myself. I'm used to setting it on a note value and setting the tempo...done deal. This seems to add either too much or too little delay. Answering one of your questions, yes you can change the tempo, which will change the delay time.

I do that as well. But, when you're just jamming to a song and want it spot on, it's easier to set the exact tempo.

Tempo and time are both rhythmic...and they're both about how fast the rhythm is.

If you want the delay to happen every 1/4-note, then set the delay's Tempo parameter to 1/4. But you then have to set the tempo itself to a value that works for that song. You define the tempo in beats-per-minute, and you do that using the Tempo menu (hit the Tempo button and you'll see the menu) or a Tap Tempo footswitch.

Using your example, 441 ms is the same as 136 beats per minute. Set the Tempo to 136 BPM and you're golden, as long as the music you're playing along with stays at the same tempo.

I always just dial in what I want so all of my delays are set to none in the tempo parameter.

I do that as well. But, when you're just jamming to a song and want it spot on, it's easier to set the exact tempo.

You can achieve both if you still program your delays tempo-relative (e.g., 1/4 note) and set the tempo as desired and save the patch with tempo=preset.
When you call up that patch, the delays are like you saved them and you still can override them by using tap tempo (either the button on the front or per foot switch).

You can achieve both if you still program your delays tempo-relative (e.g., 1/4 note) and set the tempo as desired and save the patch with tempo=preset.
When you call up that patch, the delays are like you saved them and you still can override them by using tap tempo (either the button on the front or per foot switch).

Exactly! The only other limiting factor for me is the type of delay that I want to use :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom