Delay Modulation Down Only?

JazzMac251

Inspired
I'm look to recreate a specific type of tape modulation and I'm having a hell of a time. I want the modulation setting to sag the pitch down and back up, but never make the pitch go higher than base. All the different controller waveforms I've experimented with seem to either dip the pitch lower-then-higher than the base pitch, or just control the manner in which the pitch goes higher ONLY (e.g. Saw Up/Down seems to deal exclusively with how the pitch is jerked higher. Should the modulation start sharp and ramp down or start at base and ramp sharp?).

Is there a waveform I can create that would just make the pitch sag down then ramp back up to base?

Thanks!

After thinking about it some more, I think I see what the issue is. The modulation happens due to movement of an LFO. The direction of the modulated pitch will depend on the location of the note you play in relation to where the LFO currently is on its curve. If the note you played happens to have caught the LFO on the bottom of its curve, you're going to get upward modulation and vice versa.

I guess what I need is to attach some sort of ASDR or Envelope controller to the rate knob that will trigger as I strum a chord and send the pitch downward. I guess? Any tips on doing that?

Thanks!

Just a guess here, but what about using a pitch block in series with the delay block with both set to 100% wet and use the mixer to balance the wet/dry mix from another row. Use the detune model in the pitch block. Set an LFO to control the detune amount on one of the voices. Set LFO minimum value to however much detune you want (i.e. modulation depth) with a negative value and the max to zero. That way it will only sweep from zero to some negative value, i.e. down only detune.

Back
Top Bottom