Delay messed up after FW12.03

MisterE

Fractal Fanatic
Delay: problems after FW12.03 - SOLVED

I did the whole Update All Presets thing.
I used a dual delay with a controller attached to mix, feedback l-l and feedback r-r.
When mix would be increased to 50%, feedback would decrease to 0.
Now ther's no possibility to attach a controller to either feedbacks.
But when I move the controller, feedback goes to 100%

Last edited:
I tried detaching the modifier from the feedback L-L and R-R but no luck. Still feedback went to 100%.
Switched to Stereo Delay
There the controller was still attached to the feedbacks.
detached it.
Bingo.
Switched back to Dual Delay.
Fixed.
Something must have gone wrong there.
Still strange I can't attach a controller to the feedback anymore in the dual delay.

Did you do the following?

From the 12.03 release notes:
Code:
NOTE: Due to the changes in the feedback values described above retrieving individual Delay or Multi-Delay blocks from other presets via Recall->Effect can cause incorrect values to be loaded. To avoid this it is recommended to update all presets. This can be accomplished using the Update All Presets function in the Utility->Preset menu. This will recall then save each preset, formatting the data using the latest preset protocol.

It's his first sentence.

MisterE, is this on the hardware or in AE?
Did you refresh the block definitions in AE?

I just tried adding a modifier to Feedbacl L> and R>R in AE, and it works.

It's on the hardware Alexander.
I used to be able to attach modifiers to the feedback L-L and L-R-R but not anymore.
I can attach it in AE but not on teh Axe-Fx

It's on the hardware Alexander.
I used to be able to attach modifiers to the feedback L-L and L-R-R but not anymore.
I can attach it in AE but not on teh Axe-Fx

It must not ever have been in the hardware because I didn't remove it. I can easily add it though.

Strangely enough it was in there.
I've been using it as long as I remember. I used it to get a nice dry tripling effect with no feedback when I set the mix at 50%.
It even shows up on AE.
This is a snapshot of a FW11 backup.
Axe-Fx%20-%20snapshot.JPG

It's very kind of you to propose to add it Cliff.
But I guess I can achieve the same by attaching a a modifier to the master feedback.
I just figured there was something wrong.

They have never been exposed to modification but Axe-Edit might have exposed them by accident. Any parameter can be modified but we only expose the ones we feel should be. In the case of the Delay block the Master Feedback is the intended parameter to use for this sort of thing, as you figured out.

Thanks for the explanation Cliff.
I wonder why I never looked at the Master Feedback in the first place. :roll
Problem solved (title edited ;))
For anyone wondering what went wrong:
So the delay was never messed up in the first place.
- the feedback was originally set from 15 to 0 and after the update it went to -100.
- I looked at the Axe-Fx front panel and didn't see any modifiers attached to the L and R Feedback but they weren't there in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom