Delay Everywhere

Hey Fractal Community,

I just received my Mark 2 on Friday. For some reason, every preset, every amp, everything has delay on it. I tried with TEMPO, but am unable to turn BPM to NONE. Maybe I am doing it wrong. Maybe wrong area. Dunno.

Really racking my mind and haven't found help in the manual. I would appreciate any help as I am on a limited time to find out if I want to keep this thing (which seems great, but still, cant really tell w/o getting rid of this delay.

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong forum area.

Thanks!

Click on "Layout" and then move your cursor (the block will highlight) over to delay. Then click " FX BYP" (aka: block bypass).

Essentially if you want the delay (or any other effect) off when you get to a preset, you then need to save the preset with that effect block 'off' or 'bypassed'.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Click on "Layout" and then move your cursor (the block will highlight) over to delay. Then click "bypass".

Essentially if you want the delay (or any other effect) off when you get to a preset, you then need to save the preset with that effect block 'off' or 'bypassed'.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Is it standard then that delay is on all presets, amps, effects, etc? Thereby making it that the user needs to turn it off on one by one?

If so, I guess Ill just have to determine which presets are supposed to have delay.

Thanks again!

Click on "Layout" and then move your cursor (the block will highlight) over to delay. Then click "bypass".

Hope that helps.

The correct button is "FX BYP". Do not press Bypass as that will bypass everything.

There's your answer. Personally I like a little trailing delay. The downside is it repeats my mistakes. Until FAS comes up with a "Suck Less" block, I guess I'll have to live with it. ;)

Welcome to the FAS community. You are in good company. :)

Thanks! Is it standard then that delay is on all presets, amps, effects, etc? Thereby making it that the user needs to turn it off on one by one?

If so, I guess Ill just have to determine which presets are supposed to have delay.

Thanks again!

You decide what has delay, not the preset. You then can determine what kind of delay, the amount, etc.. Go slow and have a plan. if you want the delay off, then bypass it.

The correct button is "FX BYP". Do not press Bypass as that will bypass everything.

You are correct; I'll update my OP here. Typing from a phone can be 'interesting' sometimes. :D

Factory Presets are examples of possibilities with the unit.

Ultimately you should/will make your own presets from scratch and include exactly what you want.

You decide what has delay, not the preset. You then can determine what kind of delay, the amount, etc.. Go slow and have a plan. if you want the delay off, then bypass it.

So, thats why I am hung up. Everything---not just presets has delay. It is across the board on everything. Thats typical?

Thanks for your patience while I get schooled.

Changing the amp type in a preset will not affect the delay. They are totally separate.

If you make a preset without delay, there is no delay. The amp block has no delay .

Changing the amp type in a preset will not affect the delay. They are totally separate.

If you make a preset without delay, there is no delay. The amp block has no delay .

Yeah..my amp block has delay. Everything feature has delay that I cannot figure out how to turn off.

Can you make a video showing this?

You are saying the layout grid does not include a Delay block and you are getting repeats/echoes of what you play?

Please also show the first page of the layout screen and scroll left and right so we can see the entire grid. Thanks!

Yeah..my amp block has delay. Everything feature has delay that I cannot figure out how to turn off.

Can you make a video showing this?

You are saying the layout grid does not include a Delay block and you are getting repeats/echoes of what you play?

Yeah...will try to shoot a video ASAP.

Please also show the first page of the layout screen and scroll left and right so we can see the entire grid. Thanks!

Hmmm, yea. You can't have delay without having a delay or multi-delay block. Something is being lost in translation; this makes no sense.

Also list your entire signal chain from guitar to speakers (or headphones). Are you plugged in to a computer? If you are monitoring directly AND through a DAW the latency might cause a delay repeat on everything. Just an idea.

Exactly - everyone skipped the obvious first step: define "delay".

Talking about delay blocks doesn't help much if he's describing latency. And not to skewer the user, but someone who tries to turn off delay by adjusting tempo MIGHT just not be up to snuff on their terminology. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Back
Top Bottom