Definition knob - Where are the adulation threads?

DieSchmalle

Inspired
This knob is an amazing tool. From ultra mellow to direct in your face everything is in one parameter.

So where are those 'my Axefx sounds too mushy' guys?
And where are the 'my Axefx has no / too much pick noise' guys?

All silenced by the awesomeness of one magic knob?

Thats awesome. By definition.

Sorry but - what the hell are you talking about?

Can't find any knob called 'definition' - enlighten me!

It was actually the magic parameter to make my jazz preset the way I wanted it. I set it to -10 and got a nice, warm and mellow without a harsh top end. I used to roll the tone back to like 1/8, but now I can leave it all the way up and get the perfect sound, or still roll it back and get an even mellower sound. I really dig that parameter a lot.

DieSchmalle said:
This knob is an amazing tool. From ultra mellow to direct in your face everything is in one parameter.

So where are those 'my Axefx sounds too mushy' guys?
And where are the 'my Axefx has no / too much pick noise' guys?

All silenced by the awesomeness of one magic knob?

Thats awesome. By definition.

+1 - Tried it last night - Very effective

Thanks for pointing it out. Tried it a bit, seems to have quite a definate (tion) effect. Still have to explore.

Actually on the display of the axe II it is not even a knob it is a parameter in the advanced section of the AMP block. May be it deserves to be dug out.

Three years ago I asked for a transient designer FX block.
With the definition parameter I now got what I wanted in another form.
I'm really happy so thank you Cliff for this one (and thanks to Christoph K. for the idea:lol)

It's the first knob I went to when one of my presets got a little too muddy after 6.0. Now it sounds better than ever.

Saw it last night. Didn't even think about touching it yet, but perhaps I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Damn this works fine! Im always fighting the mud out of my sounds, didint know about this knob!

Actually it is a whole new feature of v6.

From release notes:
Added Definition control to Amp block. This parameter allows changing the fundamental character of the amp from vintage to modern or vice-versa. Positive values increase the amount of upper overtone saturation whilst negative values reinforce lower harmonics

It is the "time warp" parameter:D.

Back
Top Bottom