Default settings when switching patches

I wasn't sure if this should go into the foot controller forum or not, since I don't think it's directly related to the expression pedal, but here it goes. I have the SP-1 expression pedal built by lebihanj and it works great. One thing I notice though is when you turn the wah on, switch away without turning it off, then come back to that patch, the wah is still on. You can hit the switch while you're in another patch, and the wah is still on, so it leads me to believe that it's just not the current value of the switch (it's latching). I'm assuming there must be some kind of setting to fix it?

JJ Rodriguez said:
I wasn't sure if this should go into the foot controller forum or not, since I don't think it's directly related to the expression pedal, but here it goes. I have the SP-1 expression pedal built by lebihanj and it works great. One thing I notice though is when you turn the wah on, switch away without turning it off, then come back to that patch, the wah is still on. You can hit the switch while you're in another patch, and the wah is still on, so it leads me to believe that it's just not the current value of the switch (it's latching). I'm assuming there must be some kind of setting to fix it?

Is the switch set to control the bypass in IO-ctrl-wah bypass? Also, is the state of the wah on the axe-fx saved in a bypassed state? Are you using auto engage?

The switch is set to External 1, and using that as the bypass modifier. The state is saved in the bypassed state, and I'm not using auto engage. I guess I could try setting it to the wah bypass in the IO menu, never thought of that, I just figured the might be best to just have it set to external in case I found another use for it other than switching between volume/wah.

JJ Rodriguez said:
The switch is set to External 1, and using that as the bypass modifier. The state is saved in the bypassed state, and I'm not using auto engage. I guess I could try setting it to the wah bypass in the IO menu, never thought of that, I just figured the might be best to just have it set to external in case I found another use for it other than switching between volume/wah.

When you use the external controler stores changes in a global variable. It is not preset specific. Every time you change a value the variable is updated. It is not cleared when you change presets. So if you send the external controller a cc value of 36, it will retain 36until it receives another or the axe-fx is restarted. It will use this value for whatever external 1 is set to control.

Back
Top Bottom