Default Metronome Level?

Hey there everyone.

I have no idea if this is an odd or stupid question, but is there a way to set the metronome level to a global/preset value that will be recalled upon reboot in the same way that you can set the global/preset tempo?

I feel like I'm probably missing something obvious to make this happen, however, if this isn't currently possible then could this easily be implemented in the upcoming firmware? It would be nice to be able to engage the metronome with a footswitch for practice and teaching purposes without having to go to the front panel to boost the level.

Thanks for any help!

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the level that I have found. I'm also hoping to get support for the metronome in Axe-Edit someday, but I can live without it.

Hit the front panel tempo button once to see metronome options.

I understand how to alter the volume of the metronome, but what I'm asking is if it is possible for that set value to remain on a global or preset level after a reboot without needing to alter it every time.

12.3 Tempo to Use
Every preset contains two saved TEMPO settings: an actual TEMPO (BPM) value and a second setting called TEMPO
TO USE.
If a preset’s TEMPO TO USE parameter is set to “PRESET,” the Global Tempo will change to the saved BPM value
whenever that preset is loaded. Factory presets in the Axe-Fx II are saved with a tempo of 120 BPM and a TEMPO
TO USE setting of “PRESET.”
If a preset’s TEMPO TO USE parameter is instead set to “GLOBAL,” its saved BPM value will be ignored, and the
current Global Tempo will be used.

12.3 Tempo to Use
Every preset contains two saved TEMPO settings: an actual TEMPO (BPM) value and a second setting called TEMPO
TO USE.
If a preset’s TEMPO TO USE parameter is set to “PRESET,” the Global Tempo will change to the saved BPM value
whenever that preset is loaded. Factory presets in the Axe-Fx II are saved with a tempo of 120 BPM and a TEMPO
TO USE setting of “PRESET.”
If a preset’s TEMPO TO USE parameter is instead set to “GLOBAL,” its saved BPM value will be ignored, and the
current Global Tempo will be used.

I don't think this is what the OP means. He want the volume of the metronome to stay on a certain level, even after rebooting the Axe-FX.
Been asking for this feature also for a long time.

It also would be nice if we could choose the output of the metronome. Output 1 / Output 2 / Both
At the moment, it's always output 1, which is my FOH. I want it to be output 2, my monitor feed

I don't think this is what the OP means. He want the volume of the metronome to stay on a certain level, even after rebooting the Axe-FX.

It also would be nice if we could choose the output of the metronome. Output 1 / Output 2 / Both
At the moment, it's always output 1, which is my FOH. I want it to be output 2, my monitor feed

Yes, again I think I'm being misunderstood. If it isn't already possible, I would very much appreciate that same saved tempo functionality to be applied to the metronome's LEVEL parameter. Currently it resets to -20dB after every reboot. It seems unnecessary, to me anyway, to have to adjust it after every reboot even if that is a simple task. It would be nice to just set it and forget about it.

I really want this too.

I love the metronome but wanted more hands free control so I started experimenting with the looper to create a more dynamic alternative. What I do is basically create a very very short loop that includes one palm muted chug or percussive effect. Tap Record, Make a noise, Tap Record to close the loop. Timing these three events takes a little practice. If you make the percussive sound before tapping record, you get a clipping effect. If I am working on a scale, I will use a chord as the beat so I have a harmonic reference.

I am still developing this, so feedback is appreciated.

I created a global looper preset with "record beats- 1" and "Quantize off".

I usually set the tempo to give the axe fx an absolute reference, and then try and sync my record taps with it. I'm not really sure if this is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom