Default Input Change for All Presets?

LoSaxeFX

Ok, seemingly simple question, but it's sneaky...

On AXE FX 3 Mark 2 or in AXE Edit Software (all latest updated software and firmware).

Can I change the Global default Input of every preset to be Input 2 (or really anything but the standard default to Input 1), without having to replace the existing setting (i.e. adding a new Input Block or changing the settings on the existing one) and then Save for each individual preset?

In other words, I would like for the Global Input Setting of each patch to default to the balanced Input 2, rather than unbalanced Input 1, without having to manually change each individual preset.

The reason this is important is that when you scroll through presets (especially on the footswitch controller) the default Input is what is loaded, and you can't easily change that without the AXE rack unit or the AXE Edit software being right there.

Any help or workarounds would be very much appreciated!

Yeah, there's a Block Replace function in the Batch Setter tab of FracTool. You should be able to use that to replace the IN 1 block with the IN 2 block in all the presets. This might reset any input noise gate settings as well, but you can also use the batch setter tool to fix that too if needed.

Block parameters can be changed in multiple presets in Axe Edit as well by holding down Shift and Right clicking on the parameter.

Last edited:
Ok, seemingly simple question, but it's sneaky...

On AXE FX 3 Mark 2 or in AXE Edit Software (all latest updated software and firmware).

Can I change the Global default Input of every preset to be Input 2 (or really anything but the standard default to Input 1), without having to replace the existing setting (i.e. adding a new Input Block or changing the settings on the existing one) and then Save for each individual preset?

In other words, I would like for the Global Input Setting of each patch to default to the balanced Input 2, rather than unbalanced Input 1, without having to manually change each individual preset.

The reason this is important is that when you scroll through presets (especially on the footswitch controller) the default Input is what is loaded, and you can't easily change that without the AXE rack unit or the AXE Edit software being right there.

Any help or workarounds would be very much appreciated!
Can you tell why you don’t want to use input 1? It could help us find a solution.

For the Out 1 and Out 2 blocks, it is. Select Mute for the output mode in the I/O menu, but yes a full routing matrix would be a great addition.

Back
Top Bottom