Dear AX8 owners....

But sometimes is really hard for a user ... to know when he is asking something that is "asking for a current Axe-Fx II feature" and can't be done in the AX8.
this thread is specifically commenting on those that do say "bring this feature from the Axe to the AX8" - so those people definitely know.

there haven't been many requests where a person unknowingly asks for a feature that coincidentally already exists in the Axe. typically it is asked specifically to be brought over to the AX8 because it already exists in the Axe, and therefore should be available. that's what this thread is about. :)

This issue could be handled with a locked sticky post stating X, Y, and Z were left out of the AX8 due to hardware limitations. We'd love to have included them but.....

I just received my AX8 this week. I'm not complaining about the features as I knew it wasn't an AXE II XL. This little monster has the tone and more than enough features to cover everything I need for a live situation. I'm very happy with my purchase! People that complain about not having enough features need to educate themselves before they start complaining. Shame on them for thinking they were getting something different.

Great job Fractal Team!

Last edited:
I just received my AX8 this week. I'm not complaining about the features as I knew is wasn't an AXE II XL. This little monster has the tone and more than enough features to cover everything I need for a live situation. I'm very happy with my purchase! People that complain about not having enough features need to educate themselves before they start complaining. Shame on them for thinking they were getting something different.

Great job Fractal Team!

"Shame on them"

Really?

Doesn't hurt anyone to ask, does it? Maybe they are misinformed, maybe they didn't read up enough, maybe they think if they ask they might receive. As far as I'm concerned, guys have the option to read the wish list or not read the wish list. Shame on those trying to decide what is right for other people to ask about!

Please understand the Ax8 is a scaled down product. It's not capable of many things the flagship can do. Most of the wishes I see for the AX8 are people asking for things that aren't possible on the unit. Do we not know Cliff well enough to know that if it were possible he'd have already put it in there? If you wanted an AxeFx II that's what you should have purchased.

If they just had Global Blocks it would be a GAME CHANGER!!! :D

"Shame on them"

Really?

Doesn't hurt anyone to ask, does it? Maybe they are misinformed, maybe they didn't read up enough, maybe they think if they ask they might receive. As far as I'm concerned, guys have the option to read the wish list or not read the wish list. Shame on those trying to decide what is right for other people to ask about!

Agreed. I really can't see the issue of someone just ask. Everyone has the right to ask anything about anything. Free expression, right?

If someone gets angry because they bought an AX8 thinking it is an cheaper AxeFX in a pedalboard, and then later realize its limits, its their fault that they didn't made the proper research before buying something. They can't blame Fractal of anything since they clearly state in the product page that the AX8 has its limits.

But for me there is a big difference between someone buying something out of his own wrong concepts, and someone being "forbidden" to ask about one or another feature that he misses.

I think everyone that asks for AF2 missing features expects that the AX8 can't handle. But, if for some reason Fractal can do it, awesome! It is like, doesn't hurt to ask at all, and maybe you get it :D

The AX8 will get better, that is the FAS way. There will probably be an AX8 II XL+ one day. And I'll probably buy it!

I think the OP was more saying it would be nice if folks would educate themselves on the capabilities of the unit so they wouldn't keep asking for what it can't do, or griping that it won't do it. No harm in saying "perhaps in a future unit it would be cool if..." because the Fractal folks do listen.

"Shame on them"

Really?

Your right it doesn't hurt anyone to ask and maybe there is more potential out of this unit but let's not forget this is a stripped down version of the top model. Don't you think it would be wise to ask and research an item before spending $1400.00 and finding it it doesn't do what you want and then complain about how it can't do this and can't do that? Maybe they were misinformed but I think they had 15 days to figure it out and could have sent it back to Fractal for full credit. I'm not deciding anything for those users and not here for a pissing match. I'm just stating facts.

The AX8 will get better, that is the FAS way. There will probably be an AX8 II XL+ one day. And I'll probably buy it!

I think the OP was more saying it would be nice if folks would educate themselves on the capabilities of the unit so they wouldn't keep asking for what it can't do, or griping that it won't do it. No harm in saying "perhaps in a future unit it would be cool if..." because the Fractal folks do listen.

100% Agreed! I think the best suggestion was from "ElectricPhase" with a simple locked sticky posts. That would kind of force "educate" people... :D

100% Agreed! I think the best suggestion was from "ElectricPhase" with a simple locked sticky posts. That would kind of force "educate" people... :D
Oh, how I wish that were true, my friend! Unfortunately, you could put in in a post that was the splash screen every time you came into the forum and many folks would just zoom past without reading a word! It's the nature of the internet, as you said, and the nature of forums. Hell, it's the nature of the world. Not likely to change anytime soon, except maybe for the worse.

That bright moment of sunshine and positive thinking was brought to you by the letter "R" :)

Your right it doesn't hurt anyone to ask and maybe there is more potential out of this unit but let's not forget this is a stripped down version of the top model. Don't you think it would be wise to ask and research an item before spending $1400.00 and finding it it doesn't do what you want and then complain about how it can't do this and can't do that? Maybe they were misinformed but I think they had 15 days to figure it out and could have sent it back to Fractal for full credit. I'm not deciding anything for those users and not here for a pissing match. I'm just stating facts.

You've seen some of the posts on here and TGP, do you think most of these guys/gals research anything before they buy anything or post anything? I'm 47 now so I've learned how to buy, lots of young guns blow their beans for the next new thing without knowing if it will work for them or not. I'm still OK with them asking silly questions, I just move on(or make fun of them:confused:).

You've seen some of the posts on here and TGP, do you think most of these guys/gals research anything before they buy anything or post anything? I'm 47 now so I've learned how to buy, lots of young guns blow their beans for the next new thing without knowing if it will work for them or not. I'm still OK with them asking silly questions, I just move on(or make fun of them:confused:).

It's all good Pat. I'm 52 and have been buying and selling gear for long time.

Back
Top Bottom