Dear AX8 owners....

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Please understand the Ax8 is a scaled down product. It's not capable of many things the flagship can do. Most of the wishes I see for the AX8 are people asking for things that aren't possible on the unit. Do we not know Cliff well enough to know that if it were possible he'd have already put it in there? If you wanted an AxeFx II that's what you should have purchased.

Global blocks... SOON?

Seriously, a lot of new users here that probably do not know Cliff, yet. I've seen a lot of very nice changes come to be due to user feedback. The large preset name display and better visuals on the AX8 are winners.

I also agree that some of the requests will never happen. Cliff has said that the design goals were to provide 99% (??) of what a typical player needs in a LIVE/PERFORMANCE situation.

Very very happy with the AX8 and am often tempted to go back to the Axe-FX, but the convenience and portability trump the other features.

When I got my AX8, i was so worried about how much everyone complains about the lack of CPU power or the missing "power user" features. I remade my Mk1 patches in less time, and ended up with 75% CPU. The form factor, on board dedicated amp controls, ability for the access switches to be preset specific and more, have made this an absolute dream to buy.

Dont get me wrong, I love my MFC and AXE FX 2 but I cant go back now.

Even if the feature cannot be implemented in AX8, I think the wishlist is very useful in a lot of ways, even for Cliff himself to plan for future versions of his product.

Basically, if it is not possible, doesn't hurt (from my point of view) for Fractal to just comment and say it is not possible and why.

That alone helps users to understand better the product limitations and helps Fractal to see the consumer needs for future product interactions.

I strongly think that saying "if Cliff didn't make, shouldn't be discuss" is a very weak statement, sorry... :(

Last edited:
Please understand the Ax8 is a scaled down product. It's not capable of many things the flagship can do. Most of the wishes I see for the AX8 are people asking for things that aren't possible on the unit. Do we not know Cliff well enough to know that if it were possible he'd have already put it in there? If you wanted an AxeFx II that's what you should have purchased.

The best party to decide whether it's possible on the AX8 is FA. So, ask away! And, if it rhymes, it must be right.

I think another mistake here is that I don't think anyone expects the AX8 to be a full fledged AxeFX 2 in the floor.

Everyone knows it is a different product, with some limitations based on hardware and price point.

And I can tell that everyone, or at least me, are very happy with the AX8 even with the restrictions.

We just want to collaborate with Fractal as most as we can to make their amazing product even better! :)

This thread doesn't seem useful to anyone in anyway... What were you aiming to do here? Did you want a discussion or just to say your opinion and leave it?

This thread doesn't seem useful to anyone in anyway... What were you aiming to do here? Did you want a discussion or just to say your opinion and leave it?

100% agree here! :)

Sounds like: "you cheap bastards, buy the more expensive unit and stop whining, because Cliff is a God and he knows how to make a perfect product out of the bat without any consumer feedback..." :p

The best party to decide whether it's possible on the AX8 is FA. So, ask away! And, if it rhymes, it must be right.

Exactly! A good example is the "room" setting on the cab block that some people request but FA already answer that the CPU can't handle. That is fine, if it can't, it can't... :)

post a thread like this probably :)

Not in the terms that were posted I think. The problem with this thread for me is the statement: "God Cliff knows better, stop asking features, he already did it perfect"...

I think one thing is saying "I want the AX8 to do everything AF2 does". That is dumb.

Another is asking "is it possible to do X that is missing". That can be answered by FA in two ways:

1- No, hardware can't handle, which is fine and fair;

2- Yes, but we didn't add because we thought no one needed for live...

The second can be just a matter of a lot of people requesting it, and suddenly, using the magic of consumer feedback, their product just got better! :)

A million threads have been started that basically boils down to "I wish my Ax8 was a AxeFX". People need to understand that it's not. This thread makes perfect sense.

Again, I think the thread is "needed" but I really can't agree with the way it was stated. That is just what I think anyway :D

I think is completely fair to ask: "can my AX8 do this thingy that AxeFX does"? The worst case scenario is a plain answer "no, the hardware can't, sorry". Which is informative.

"God Cliff knows better, stop asking features, he already did it perfect"...
i feel like you're the only one who has said that though. the original post comments specifically on "bring this Axe-Fx II feature to the AX8." it says nothing about it being done, perfect, or not able to improve.

if you look at the AX8 wish threads, majority of them are asking for a current Axe-Fx II feature to be put into the AX8. that's the discussion here.

requests and wishes are definitely welcomed. the same wishes though might get the same response :)

i feel like you're the only one who has said that though. the original post comments specifically on "bring this Axe-Fx II feature to the AX8." it says nothing about it being done, perfect, or not able to improve.

if you look at the AX8 wish threads, majority of them are asking for a current Axe-Fx II feature to be put into the AX8. that's the discussion here.

requests and wishes are definitely welcomed.

From the original post: "Do we not know Cliff well enough to know that if it were possible he'd have already put it in there?"

OK, not the same words, I am exaggerating here to prove my point, sorry. But, sounds close to me...

OK, let me change my phrasing :D

1) "I think another mistake here is that I don't think anyone expects the AX8 to be a full fledged AxeFX 2 in the floor."
I agree with "Chris@AxeFxTutorials". I am wrong here. Unfortunately there is people that just want to pay less and have everything (modern days with a computer in our pockets are just making us spoiled :D).

2) "jlynnb1" - "Do we not know Cliff well enough to know that if it were possible he'd have already put it in there?"
Unless "jlynnb1" is just being sarcastic and I apologize if I didn't get the joke, I really don't agree with his statement.

3) "Chris@AxeFxTutorials" - "requests and wishes are definitely welcomed."
Awesome, and that is why I am defending my point here! But sometimes is really hard for a user, specially one that just got an AX8 and didn't research enough, to know when he is asking something that is "asking for a current Axe-Fx II feature" and can't be done in the AX8. It is a new product, therefore a lot of people will get confused for a while before everyone get it.

Back
Top Bottom