Deaden or Squelch Delays/Plex Delay Upon Changing Notes

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
[violin player using the Axe question]
I have some really cool presets that are ambient, that use delay fx and/or the plex delay to create a long ethereal sound ........and while I love the sounds, I can't really control the trails or the continuation of the sound.

What I want to do is to play one single note and have the lush sound ring out while I'm playing that note, but when I change the note or engage/start the next note, I want the long carrying sound of the first note to quickly die down while the lush sound of the next note starts ringing out.

In some ways, each single note I play represents a chord, and when I change notes, I'm changing chords. I will NOT always change in line with a certain tempo because in some cases I'll hold a note for two measures, and in some cases one measure or in the middle of a measure.

QUESTION: Is there any way to "trigger" anything in the axe upon changing notes?
Any suggestions here on dampening the delay repeats (aka trails) upon note changing?

Thanks
Vmusic

Use the envelope controller as the source maybe on the delay mix or feedback. But it depends on you playing the note. The axe can’t really tell when you desire it to stop in your mind.

If you rest for at least a short moment between notes, an ADSR could be triggered on new notes and make delay feedback to go zero and back.

If being able to play legato is a requirement, it might be possible to get something working with the pitch controller as a speed-based autoengage source. The setup for this would be more complicated, involving a feedback path on the grid with send/return blocks and some other specific modifier things.

What you want is sort of like a piano works - hold the pedal down to let notes ring out, then lift up to damp the strings before/as you play the next note/chord. Maybe there's a way to take @Bakerman suggestion and trigger the ADSR w/ an expression pedal?

there's a couple of presets in my bundle that kinda do this. if you set the time relatively short, you can use the stck/hold parameter controlled by the adsr to do it. you need to set it up so that hold is on by default. then when you play a note, it triggers the adsr to turn hold off very briefly and capture that note into the delay. hold then turns back on again until you play another note

Hi Everyone,
My first crude [and by crude I mean uh, crude] stab at a preset.
I put two delays in the preset and tied the feedback on the delays to the envelope follower. It kinda-sorta works.
I want lush, ambient, ethereal sounds - and I'm not really getting that so much; but the feedback does fall off when I stop the bow.

I noticed there are no controller options for the multi-tap delay??? (Sounds like a wish list item??)
NoControllersOnFeedback-01.png

I'm getting terrible clipping with my recording, and I'm not sure why.

Please Advise [you can laugh too]

My recording
http://www.irisicom.net/gotAxe/QuickStab-at-DelayFeedbackFromEnvelopeFilters.mp3

DelayFeedback-2-EnvelopeFilter02.png

DelayFeedback-2-WhyClipping.png

Thanks Again for your Feedback and Advice

Back
Top Bottom