db Technologies Flexsys 12 Coax-Monitor

Valhallir

Power User
Vendor
Hi Axemen out there,

is there anyone who's got experience with the Coax-driven db-Technologies Floor monitor Flexsys 12? It has 600 Watt and a Class D amp. I'm tempted to try out one of these, cause my LD Systems Mon12 (also coax-2way, I really like their dry sound) only have 250 Watt and at higher stage volumes they seem to clip.....

Cheers,
Andy from Red Bull Country

Oh, why not give in to temptation and tell all of us? I'm interested.
I have two dB M12-4+, 350Watts, which work fine. Slight hiss in the highs that totally disappears when there's anything else in the room. They sound pretty good, definitely able to hang with the EV ZX3 passive 12", they even have more low end. They do have some harshness in the highs, but so do the EVs and they eat the ubiquitous (around here) HK classic monitors for lunch. Sound and power-wise. They can totally hang with the drummer and are loud enough to make my ears hurt after a short while. That's too loud. ;D

Ok, I'll do it ;-) I also have 2 bigger ones (but not coax) from db: the Opera 415 bi-amped. But, to be honest - they really sound awful for my ears. Too harsh and less mids. But my Class D-amplified K300 from db are really sounding fantastic (for that size) We us 2 of them as E-drum-monitor, (for guitars, they are a bit too small....)

Maybe I take the time and enter a medium sized rehearsal room to "re-check" my presets then. My favourite instruments-dealer has them on stock. So, next week there will be time for a bigger review. I'm very curious.

Cheers,

Andy

I have a Flexsys fm 10 for sale db Technologies Flexsys FM10 Monitor | eBay

If you are interested. Plenty of low end, make sure you play with output 2 global eq in order to make it sound good on the monitor. Can also be placed in two positions so basically you have to angles to choose from and can also be mounted on a speaker stand. It has about 10 or so preselected eq settings to choose from too, but I liked to set it flat and let the axe do the work.

Back
Top Bottom