Dazz by Brick - How To Effects - Old RnB Tune

felken

Inspired
Any of you preset gurus out there have a preset or know how to get this effect on an FM3?

My FM3 is out for delivery to me as I write this post according to UPS, a good day indeed!

In the past I messed with getting this effect using an HX Effects into a 5150III with a strat on the neck pup and the green channel. Have not got there with it.

Suggestions and ideas por favor.

Any of you preset gurus out there have a preset or know how to get this effect on an FM3?

My FM3 is out for delivery to me as I write this post according to UPS, a good day indeed!

In the past I messed with getting this effect using an HX Effects into a 5150III with a strat on the neck pup and the green channel. Have not got there with it.

Suggestions and ideas por favor.

Sounds like Rotary with Depth dialed up, and a ridiculously high rate.

Yep I hear something like that also but it also has a delay w about 3 repeats I think. It also sounds like a filter closing down. I have tried a bunch of stuff and got some reasonable sounds on the hx effects but hoping to do better on the fm3

Maybe a Univibe or Maestro Phase shifter on fast speed with a short delay. Both were available in '76. I think there's a univibe setting on the Axe III phaser block so I assume it would be there on the FM3.

Reactions: Rex
I think I hear a filter close down for about the time the chord is played. So much slower than the swirly sound.

I think I hear a filter close down for about the time the chord is played. So much slower than the swirly sound.
There's a good video where Pete Thorn talks about the differences between the vibe & the phaser. The vibe has a more lumpy (his term LOL), unpredictable sweep where the phaser is more even & predictable. The unevenness of the vibe might be what you are hearing.

There is a chewiness to the sound that a closing filter gives I haven't been able to get when just using a vibe and delay for instance. Its been a month or 6 weeks since I messed with it on the HX. I think I tried the Mutron filter in it but not the phasor. I think I got kind of close with a flanger or univibe with delay.

There's a good video where Pete Thorn talks about the differences between the vibe & the phaser. The vibe has a more lumpy (his term LOL), unpredictable sweep where the phaser is more even & predictable. The unevenness of the vibe might be what you are hearing.

I will give the vibe a try again but on my FM3 as opposed to the HX and 5150, if UPS would hurry up and knock lol.

Given the year it kind of limits what was available to delay, vibe, phase, rotary, and filter I think.

And I can't really tell if it is maybe a keyboard plus effects vs a guitar and effects. In any event, if live shows ever happen again I would like to get this sound as an RnB band I play in covers this tune. Appreciate everyone's ideas and help.

No keys in this band makes it more difficult on the guitar. But I'm not complaining, makes me a better player I hope. They do a lot of EWF, Kool and The Gang etc.

Back
Top Bottom