Das Metall does Whitesnake

AMAZING tone again (as usual)!! That is SO thick and it's only ONE guitar. Fantastic. Double track, PLEASE!!

Clawfinger said:
By the way, have you tried the IR's yet?

Yeah, I tried one, but it seemed very bright and ambient, guess I could do better than that.

On the other hand, I played it through my KRK V6s, and that's not really a good benchmark.

Did you have a go at them? What did you think?

BlueLotus said:
AMAZING tone again (as usual)!! That is SO thick and it's only ONE guitar. Fantastic. Double track, PLEASE!!

Haha, thanks very much. I tried double tracking before on a different track, but my timing is so off, I am just not a tight player, more the "feel" type, which is defo wrong if double tracked :O)

hunter said:
Clawfinger said:
By the way, have you tried the IR's yet?

Yeah, I tried one, but it seemed very bright and ambient, guess I could do better than that.

On the other hand, I played it through my KRK V6s, and that's not really a good benchmark.

Did you have a go at them? What did you think?

When you compared it to the recorded tone you get in the KRK's, do they still sound bright and ambient?

Oh, I forgot. I'll test them tomorrow. ;)

Edit: i listened to them "offline" (had a distorted guitar without cab and ran them as regular Impulses), and I think they do capture that cab.

Bloodey hell --- have not been on here in a while (still have yet to update to 6.0) and first thing I hear is this.

Dead sexy tone!

Im thinkin Doug Aldrich with some more high end somewhere :D

sheguitarplayer said:
Great sound hunter.
I notice you have a cab in the patch. Do you use this with your power amp and cab too?

nope, no cab in use, just added one for in case my rig explodes and I have to go FR

Just plugged into the fx return of a Marshall TSL 122 combo, cos I dont have a ss power amp.
Its a great patch hunter. I also like swapping over to the slo amp you have in the patch. Lovely chime to it.

Holy crap! This is probably the best clip I've heard yet. I can't WAIT to get my Ultra! I also just ordered a DCM1000, and my plan is to run it through a Mesa vertical 2x12 and a Genz-Benz G-Flex. Nice to see that someone is using a similar system with such obviously fantastic results! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Of course I won't be playing whitesnake covers, but all the same.

So, what guitar/pickups? What bogner cab, and what kind of speakers? And how loud was it in the room?

thinkpad20 said:
So, what guitar/pickups? What bogner cab, and what kind of speakers? And how loud was it in the room?

Glad you liked the clip. When you get the Axe you will be astonished how great it sounds!

Guitar was a Gibson SG Standard. Pickups were a Bare Knuckle RiffRaff (low output, about 8KO) in the Bridge and a Mississippi Queen (HB sized P90) in the neck. Bridge pickup VERY close to strings, neck pickup much further away.

Bogner was a slant 4x12 with Vintage30s. Volume was rather low, about what you would put a TV during a sportd game with friends.

Clawfinger said:
Hunter, should I add your IR's to my IR page in the sig? Is it ok?

Sure man, go ahead. Let me know if I should record them again, in case the quality is sub optimal. I could also try once at higher volume during the weekend (more speaker thump).

Back
Top Bottom