Das Metal/Dizzy

Erik Hammero

Inspired
Maybe its just me but what would. Be the difference between Das Metal and Dizzy?
Checked the Wiki and I cant see an obvious difference...

Do I understand correctely that with the Mimic the Das Metal have no relevance or have I misunderstood something.
Its not that its "allowed" to be here, I just wonder. :)

try thinking of it this way...
Das Metal is a good approximate VH4 chan 4
and the Dizzy V4 4 is more absolute

they both sound a little different..
if you're into carving 'your own tone', rather than trying to recreate 'something specific'
then as 'tools / options' they are both relevant..

Last edited:
We have 50+ real amps here. These amps have been MIMIC'd and the models sound exactly like the actual amps. There are, however, a bunch of models in the Axe-Fx II that are not matched to any real amp. They are purely theoretical. They sound great as well.

In the early days of the Axe-Fx all the models were based on theoretical analysis. Then we got into matching the models to real amps. Some of those early models were inaccurate but still sounded great. So rather than replace them we simply added new models and left the old ones. Das Metal was one of these theoretical models that sounds great. Instead of replacing it with matched VH4 models we added models. Best of both worlds.

Its weird because I've had far better results with the das metal than the dizzy. So I'm glad fractal made the decision not to remove their approximation models once mi mic came out.

try thinking of it this way...
Das Metal is a good approximate VH4 chan 4
and the Dizzy V4 4 is more absolute

they both sound a little different..
if you're into carving 'your own tone', rather than trying to recreate 'something specific'
then as 'tools / options' they are both relevant..
Correct me if I am wrong or mistaken, but I was under the impression these were actually modeled after the infamous Ch.3 of the VH4, not Ch.4

Correct me if I am wrong or mistaken, but I was under the impression these were actually modeled after the infamous Ch.3 of the VH4, not Ch.4

Das Metal has way too much gain to be channel 3 of the VH4. I also remember someone saying that Das Metal was closest to the Herbert's channel 3?

A lot of people have raved about the Das, but I can't get over it's shss-shy treble. The Dizzy 4 is trebly, but way more usable for me.

Love the das metal since the first day i have got my axe fx 2 and now the combination of the friedman HBE and of the Das metal give me a great sound with good mids and presence for a solid mix with others intruments.

Sorry for necro-bumping but I had to resuscitate this thread in case it is useful for someone else. Das Metal was one of my go-to choices for modern metal back in the Ultra days. When I got the II I automatically went for the Dizzy models understanding that somehow those where "the" VH4 models for the II and overlooked the ol' Das Metal. I couldn't get a satisfying tone and ended using the Euro Uber for years. I was recently just messing around with amp models I do not normally use, searching for something new, when came accross Das Metal again. God, that incisive tone I was searching for was instantly there, piercing through the mix.

I missed you for so many years, old friend!

Interesting. I always seem to default to Das Metal for my 7 and 8 string. I find it to be one of the few amps that handle the low end the way I am looking for. I will have to give the Dizzy some more attention.

Back
Top Bottom