Damn you Fractal...

Crapshoes

My wife thinks that "They just released the new firmware", is just an excuse for me to go play guitar for hours. She doesn't believe it could possibly happen every week much less every month. Cliff you need to slow down, for the sake of my marriage!

In all seriousness, thanks to everyone at Fractal for what they do, and the tireless efforts of everyone involved that make this community awesome. This is truly more than a magic black box.

Don't feel bad. My wife rolls her eyes when I tell her Cliff put out another firmware. She knows I will be cranking up my guitar working on tones for my next gig. ;)

My wife thinks that "They just released the new firmware", is just an excuse for me to go play guitar for hours. She doesn't believe it could possibly happen every week much less every month. Cliff you need to slow down, for the sake of my marriage!

In all seriousness, thanks to everyone at Fractal for what they do, and the tireless efforts of everyone involved that make this community awesome. This is truly more than a magic black box.
Why do we have to wait because you can't control your wife? <insert devil icon>
Seriously every time I see a post like this, I thank my lucky stars that I didn't knock up some chick and lose control over what I do with my time and money.

Seriously every time I see a post like this, I thank my lucky stars that I didn't knock up some chick and lose control over what I do with my time and money.

LMFAO. Amen, brother.

You should see how excited my dog gets when new gear gets delivered! :)

Every time I see posts like this or about guys having to "sneak" gear purchases into the house or wives who are bothered by their husband's rehearsals either because they don't want to hear it or they're jealous of the time they spend doing it I have to wonder why they settled on someone so unsupportive of their chosen method of self expression? I mean, I know that's the societal expectation and movies and popular literature perpetuate it but I'm here to tell you that it's a lie and it doesn't (or didn't, if it's too late) have to be that way.

Every time I see posts like this or about guys having to "sneak" gear purchases into the house or wives who are bothered by their husband's rehearsals either because they don't want to hear it or they're jealous of the time they spend doing it I have to wonder why they settled on someone so unsupportive of their chosen method of self expression? I mean, I know that's the societal expectation and movies and popular literature perpetuate it but I'm here to tell you that it's a lie and it doesn't (or didn't, if it's too late) have to be that way.

I think the OP was going tongue in cheek on this one. I think we all know that if someone's wife was REALLY that bad about it, they either wouldn't be playing guitar or they would no longer have a wife. My wife is very supportive of my addiction (hell she was the one that told me to buy an Axe!) but she still does get jealous somewhat if I spend all my time playing and none with her. For those that aren't in that situation... well, you cant have sex with your guitar.... yet.....

Last edited:

For the record, if you feel the need to control anyone, that's a personal issue. I'm not going to comment on the rest since those are your life choices, but I for one am really happy with my marriage and with my music.

You can have both you know.

For the record, if you feel the need to control anyone, that's a personal issue. I'm not going to comment on the rest since those are your life choices, but I for one am really happy with my marriage and with my music.

Absolutely. Just gotta plan to have space in your life for both. Wonderful wife and kids and a beautiful bouncing baby Axe! lol.I gotta tell ya, there aint nothing better than one of the first words your 1.5yr old son says is guitar!

I agree - I can't stand posts like that or similar.

You are well trained.

You are well trained.

This was a positive thread man, no one called into question your life choices. It's not my fault you can't comprehend a satirical anecdote, much less formulate a civil response to one. And to insinuate that because I love my family and music equally in any way makes me lesser (ie. "trained" ) is just plain sad.

Back
Top Bottom