Dad Jokes

Undaunted, I used Google Translate to see if mandarins would sound better in a different language.

I gave up after realizing Klingon does kiwi really well, but not so much with mandarins.

I decided to count my blessings.

In French. After 4 I realized I might need to abandon the idea.

Why? Because un, deux, trois, quatre and after 4, cinq.

I'm so happy.

Remind me next time why coneheads lasted quite some time, only to be outdone by boneheads.

True story: Recently, I'd asked for some time away from work last week so I could attend an anniversary party of a middle-aged couple, their 50th wedding anniversary. It took a while for me to RSVP to the gathering, but I was looking forward to attending Sun the 28th evening. Within the same timeframe, I'd noticed some water seeping into my bedroom, moistening the carpet between the bathroom wall, and the bedroom, and extending into my storage room. I realized what might happen, but it might have got worse had not the call been made.

Apartments management arranged for a plumber to arrive 8:15 AM Monday morning. Despite my request for a mid-afternoon appointment, the plumbing service apologized and said the best they could do was 10 AM.

It was necessary to apologize to the host of the gathering Friday afternoon that my attending would need to change to non-attendance. The host reminded me that the gathering was a pre-paid catered event. I felt badly, but explained to the host that it typically takes me 4 to 5 hours of unwinding after a social event for my head to clear, and that I'd likely be awake until 2 or 3 AM then need to awake at 7:45 AM the next day. I really didn't want to bother folks with my problems, but little sleep makes for me being a grouchy old sot almost every single time..

The host sighed and said, "Don't worry about it, we'l just distribute the food more generously..." I choked back a tearful thanks and sat at home Sunday evening, writing in my memoirs about feeling alone and missing my friends who were having the time of the lives.

Monday morning, I awoke and waited for the plumber. At 10:10 AM the plumber knocked on my door. After a brief Q/A regards the location of the water seepage and moist carpet, the plumber moved a few items from my storage room, and used a Sawz-All in order to demo a portion of the drywall between storage room and the bathroom tub liner. He noted there was water inside the drywall, on the floor and a leak occurring from above. Turns out the water seepage was caused by a compromised incoming water access shut-off valve, so again, cutting a hole in the ceiling he created an access point through which he could replace a section of pipe and the valve. The plumber also noted there was black mold growing inside the walls which will need to be remediated, the drywall likely needing replacement.

The plumber when finished with the pipe, sealed up the access points where he used his Sawz-All with plastic sheeting and duct tape, replaced the moved furnishings back into storage, and described what he'd need to do next. He said a report would be filed with apartment management, delineating the drywall and black mold remediation. When asked about the slow bathtub water drain, the plumber suggested to ask apartment management to fill out a separate work order request and it'd be taken care of.

And sure enough, the plumber arrived about 1:10 PM Wednesday to help clean out the drain. The plumber did not use a metal snake, nor chemical cleaner. Merely a piece of rigid but flexible plastic rod, a straightened coat hanger, and a rubber plunger. Whatever the plumber did, the drain is now clear and drains much more quickly than previously. The plumber suggested that I invest in what are called tub shrooms, that catch fallen hair and prevent clogs from occuring further down the pipe. I thanked him again, and bid him adieu.

Briefly following, I got in touch with the guy whose anniversary was the 28th. He asked, "What's cookin'?" I said, "I need some advice. I felt badly that it was necessary for me to miss your anniversary. What say we get together soon. My treat, lunch? This will be my prepayment for work to be done on my new guitar, the bone-nut replacement?"

Without batting an eyelash, he came back with, "Hey, didya hear about the two peanuts at the bar? One went behind the bar and was assaulted."

That's my friend, Bill. (Kind of a Woody Harrelson/Jim Ignatowsky mashup.)

Last edited:
Guys,

Will be away from the forum for a day or 2 while watching some required video conference discourses and talks. Sunday, my buddy, Bill, will be working with my D'Angelico Premier Mini; replacing the nut and doing a proper intonation and setup, new strings. It's some occupational therapy that helps us clear our heads of the 6 or so hours of taking notes from the videos, and gives us an opportunity to jam for an hour or so once the guitar repair is complete.

Will return later this weekend.

Q: How do you strangle a mime?

A: With a cordless phone.
Q: How do mobile phones work?
A: By cathartic moments like this one.

Q: How do tin-can phones work?
A: String tension reverberating at the frequency of the human voice.

Q: Why don't we have more tin-can phones?
A: Imagine the yarn network, hoo-boy.

This one I got a good chuckle out of. 😃

A blonde was driving down the highway and noticed another blonde rowing a boat in the middle of a dirt field

She pulled over to the side of the road and yelled,

“It’s blondes like you that give the rest of us a bad name!”

And continued, “you’re lucky I can’t swim, or I’d come over there and kick your ass!” 🤣

So a cement mixer and a prison bus crashed on the highway near my house...

Police advised citizens to be on the lookout for a group of hardened criminals.

A blonde was driving down the highway and noticed another blonde rowing a boat in the middle of a dirt field

And continued, “you’re lucky I can’t swim, or I’d come over there and kick your ass!” 🤣
Q: What's the difference between Elvis and a smart blonde?

A: Elvis has been sighted.

Kinda asks the question, if you're driving in a car, and a funny noise starts up from somewhere in the car, do you turn up the radio, or schedule an appointment for the car to be fixed?

Or, if you're driving on the highway, and your car gets a flat tire. Do you get mad and say, "I'm turning this car around and heading home!" Or, do you simply steer the car safely off the highway, take the necessary precautions, and fix the flat tire?

Sometimes, if you experience damage, the only answer is to repair the damage before it gets worse. That being said, my car is in great shape and does not need a check-up. This PSA from a good group of folks who make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom