Dad Jokes

Little Eddy and his mom were digging for fishing bait in the garden. Uncovering a many-legged creature, Eddy proudly dangled it before his mom.

“No, honey, it won’t do for bait,” she said. “It’s not an earthworm.”

“It’s not?” Eddy asked, his eyes wide. “What planet is it from?”

Little Eddy and his mom were digging for fishing bait in the garden. Uncovering a many-legged creature, Eddy proudly dangled it before his mom.

“No, honey, it won’t do for bait,” she said. “It’s not an earthworm.”

“It’s not?” Eddy asked, his eyes wide. “What planet is it from?”
Reminds me of an old Groucho Marx sketch where he begins,

"Greetings fellow earthlings and germs. Yes, that includes you, ma'm. Why, no, it is not my ilk to insinuate that you fell from the heavens above. You just happen to remind me of my former lawyer who couldn't keep his mind on his work. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to minding my own business again. Yes, you may feel insulted, consulted, resulted and like you said, "I never!" Please kiss that woman on her first date. No, ma'm, I don't have a solution, but I could use one soon."

Q: Which is the most self centered State?

A: Maine. It's always about ME!
To Forum members and beyond:

According to the rules of comedy, we should recall that speaking in the first person commonly draws attention to oneself, intentionally, or unintentionally, which we discovered when we were much younger and our parents reminded us about the letter "I" in team. As we grew older, we realized that in order to speak to an audience, it was necessary to reflect or acknowledge the first speaker's words so that it would show we were listening to them. In time, we also sensed the value of speaking in the first person for comedic effect.

Yet, we often recognized when comments were made that were not intended for good purposes or would be perceived as cutting remarks; not well-intended. And for these things, we had to forgive the other guy for being a blockhead. Some have a good gift for humor, others might use it as a means to an end.

Let us recall the fact that when people call you names or belittle you, they are the ones guilty of bullying or abusing. A sense of humor is a wonderful thing. Don't push your luck with people, and they may actually be friendlier and more caring as a result. Even a gigging guitarist might need to deal with the hecklers in the audience. Remind the heckler the value of humor, and when they speak, say, "It's your nickel."

That being said, chose your words wisely. Realize that when you forgive the blockhead, he may just have been having an off-day, is tired, or could use an arm/shoulder. Note I didn't say BBQ rib and corn on the cob. There'll be plenty of time for that as the season progresses.

It should be noted on the bulletin board where you walk in the policy of this forum is to encourage different forms of thought, and that non-conformity is very much the accepted normal, rather than being like a robot. However, disparaging someone based on their identity or preferences is not only unethical, it's wrong. There are good reasons why I choose to stand out as different to many of my acquaintances. Perhaps if you got to know me better you might not need be as fearful as you seem.

My suggestion is to you is look up the word, "non-conformity" and you'll find a entirely new viewpoint you can enjoy.

What you wanted was a Sheldon-like answer.

I gave you back Attila and the shredded cheese answer.

Heading to the kitchen to clean up. Have a good evening.

Last edited:
Q: Diid you hear about the kitten that lost its mittens?
A: Apparently, the kitten tried buying into multilevel marketing and you know the rest of the story....

I was listening to Bon Jovi earlier this evening and thought "Those knuckleheads. Wanted: Dead or Alive is only designed to get you to lean in and listen..."

A delightful older gal shared a conversation with me in the grocery store check-out line. Good teeth, nice lipstick, I thought. That one's a keeper.

I was sitting at home alone and wondered if I might try my Apple TV this evening. No, not Pay-Per-View; True Fire or perhaps one of the several additional apps on my Apple TV.
So I got myself set up with my cuppa tea and my homemade oatmeal raisin walnut cookies.
Apparently it takes quite some effort to log into Apple TV after a beer or two, so I stopped and realized I'd have fewer issues if I just sat back and smiled instead. No problem there.

Q: How do you get down from a duck?
A: Correct answer: Goose.

Q: Why does a bulletin board in your apartment complex post things like "Lost Cat" or "Help Wanted" or "Stick Figure Running for Its Life"?
A: "Opportunity to do Good", and "Reminders to Clean the Dryer Lint Filter."

Back
Top Bottom