Dad Jokes

For those who may have missed it, a big shout out to Ryan at PRS PTC repair. Ryan and I had been corresponding several times regards the ownership and condition of my DGT SE before it was RMA'd to the factory...long story short, I'd gummed up the guitar cavity wiring with a poor soldering job, and Ryan said he'd try to convince his colleagues at PTC to repair my guitar while under warranty.

I tried to understand just how he could do this...it was my poor soldering that was the reason the guitar was being sent in...

Received an email from Ryan yesterday (29th) my guitar just needed some wire reversal, no new parts, and that the guitar could be sent back with signature confirmation shipping, at no charge. The part that had been purchased from the PRS Accessories Store (and additional upgrade parts) will be donated to my local tech buddy's workshop.

PRS said they'd polish up the guitar and send it on its way ASAP. Will await a confirmation email from Ryan in a day or 2.

I may politely ask Ryan, "Just don't put any Kiwi on the guitar and we'll be good." My guess is Ryan will respond with, "Kiwi? Isn't that a flightless bird with hairy feathers?" My response will be, "Actually, it's how New Zealander's describe themselves, after the resilient flightless bird indigenous to NZ, not the shoe polish, nor the fuzzy fruit."

When I first got a haircut, I thought it was way too short,
But it's really growing on me.

Hurricane Idalia - A close call here in the Panhandle Fl for us just windy not much rain the Big Bend Area is getting hammered just saw 124-132 mph winds there on radar.

Hurricane Idalia - A close call here in the Panhandle Fl for us just windy not much rain the Big Bend Area is getting hammered just saw 124-132 mph winds there on radar.

Glad the worst missed you Fred. I continue to hope all is good at your homestead!

Thanks Rex Rox we got lucky this time glad we didn’t have to spend the day cleaning up. So I was staining the fence instead…
Hope that hand is improving every day. :)

Thanks Rex Rox we got lucky this time glad we didn’t have to spend the day cleaning up. So I was staining the fence instead…
Hope that hand is improving every day. :)

Went for a follow up appointment yesterday. Ring finger and pinky are still stiff but avulsion fractures are looking healed enough to start mild stretching. The stretching PT is supposed to bring back flexibility.

I feel like I have about 85% of normal in my ring finger and probably 65% of normal in my pinky. That would be awesome if I was a player that didn't use my pinky a lot. But I use my pinky in almost every chord & scale (jazz is hard!). So I am still ignoring the worry deep down while focusing on staying positive. Worry is BS anyway. For stuff like this it never did anyone any good!

But the doc has released me early for PT. She said that means that I am a fast healer (for a middle aged person anyway). She said after my next follow up I might actually get to start playing some guitar without a slide! So progress indeed.

Thanks very much for the well wishes and I am very happy Idalia didn't visit your domicile!

“Doc, I think my son has gonorrhea,” a patient told his urologist on the phone. “The only woman he’s slept with is our maid.”

“OK, don’t be hard on him. He’s just a kid,” the doc soothed. “Get him in here right away and I’ll take care of him.”

“But Doc, I’ve been sleeping with the maid too, and I’ve got the same symptoms.”

“Then you come in with him and I’ll fix you both up,” replied the doctor.

“Well,” the man admitted, “I think my wife now has it too.”

“Nooo!” the physician roared. “That means we’ve all got it!” o_O:D

“Doc, I think my son has gonorrhea,” a patient told his urologist on the phone. “The only woman he’s slept with is our maid.”

“OK, don’t be hard on him. He’s just a kid,” the doc soothed. “Get him in here right away and I’ll take care of him.”

“But Doc, I’ve been sleeping with the maid too, and I’ve got the same symptoms.”

“Then you come in with him and I’ll fix you both up,” replied the doctor.

“Well,” the man admitted, “I think my wife now has it too.”

“Nooo!” the physician roared. “That means we’ve all got it!” o_O:D

Hair today. Gone tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom