Cygnus - How will I need to re-adjust the amp block in my custom presets?

Dutch22

I am looking for a little more information on how Cygnus will change the amp blocks and their settings? Of course, I know it will be better.
I am trying to understand how it will effect my custom presets - tone and levels, etc.
After updating to Cygnus (4.0), how do I have to adjust or reset my amp blocks?
I see videos on reseting the amp block, will that bring back my parameters?
Will all factory presets need to be reset?

Thanks and I always appreciate the response.
Adam

There's a sticky about resetting the amp block, and it is recommended. However, I found that it had zero effect on my presets. I only use the JP2C+, so that may be an amp whose deep parameters aren't largely affected by the update. The official guidance is to reset the amp block, but if it sounds good to you, you have to decide if you want to fix what isn't broken.

For me personally, I found it was easier to just rebuild my presets from scratch. Granted, I don't have a ton of presets saved and I'm a bedroom player, so that might not be a viable solution for a lot of people.

There's a sticky about resetting the amp block, and it is recommended. However, I found that it had zero effect on my presets. I only use the JP2C+, so that may be an amp whose deep parameters aren't largely affected by the update. The official guidance is to reset the amp block, but if it sounds good to you, you have to decide if you want to fix what isn't broken.
Understood. So I can do the update to 4.0 and not update my amp blocks? I will back up before I do anything. Thanks for the info

Understood. So I can do the update to 4.0 and not reset my amp blocks? I will back up before I do anything. Thanks for the info
(FTFY, since I think that's what you meant to say)

Correct. When I updated, I didn't need to reset or adjust a single parameter. That said, after reading Yek's guide, I went ahead and reset the amp block on some presets. Literally no perceptible difference to my ears or fingers - YMMV, which is why it's recommended to reset.

I am looking for a little more information on how Cygnus will change the amp blocks and their settings? Of course, I know it will be better.
I am trying to understand how it will effect my custom presets - tone and levels, etc.
After updating to Cygnus (4.0), how do I have to adjust or reset my amp blocks?
I see videos on reseting the amp block, will that bring back my parameters?
Will all factory presets need to be reset?

Thanks and I always appreciate the response.
Adam
I agree that resetting may not be necessary. I have not noticed an appreciable difference in any non-factory presets (no need to reset factory presets, if you update them). However, here's a nice, short vid to assist you:

(FTFY, since I think that's what you meant to say)

Correct. When I updated, I didn't need to reset or adjust a single parameter. That said, after reading Yek's guide, I went ahead and reset the amp block on some presets. Literally no perceptible difference to my ears or fingers - YMMV, which is why it's recommended to reset.
Awesome. I think I understand this better now. I will do some experimenting. Thank you for the information.
I love this forum. This stuff gets complicated and I always appreciate the shared knowledge of musicians actually using this great.

Back
Top Bottom