Cygnus Beta - first impressions

If you listen closely to the parts where it's just amp you can hear the thump and punch on the attack.

At "Fractal HQ North" I have a pair of Focal Trio11 Be and the thump rattles the windows.
Even that part close to the end at 3:54 while he still has the drive on, you can feel the "weight" of those low notes (and I'm using paltry Adam A5x's)!

OMG This is driving me nuts. Can't we get an estimate on when thet update is coming? Just an approx will be nice. A week? A month? 2 months?
Everytime I fire up the forum I My mouth opens in anticipation. No audible sound comes out, but dogs up to a block or too are looking up in bewilderment...
A week ago was “several weeks” so it’s probably at least 2 more weeks or so based off that for a completed release of some sort.

Exactly! I've been enjoying 15.01 because it is a great update as well!
I've been fighting the fw gas too, by working on my presets under fw 15 - sounds so good via studio monitors - having a hard time imagining it better though the Cygnus demo vids help. One thing I feel I've made good progress on in recent days is running Mesa Mark models to my Mesa 112s (C90s) via matrix PA (pa modelling on/cab modelling off) - (omg, I'm becoming an CITR guy!) - can't wait to try Cygnus - might be a while though if he was at 15% or so of the models a week or 2 ago and doing a significant rework on a big portion of them.

@FractalAudio Cliff, how much of the thump / chug improvement will we experience in the new FW if we're running through a flat tube amp like the Fryette PS2 through a traditional guitar cab with cab sims off?

Back
Top Bottom