Custom Tones, Smart Harmony, Line 6 M13

prsaxeman

Do i take it as read that the FX8 Forum will eventually have a 'Custom Tone' area where we will be able to trade tones? As a Line 6 M13 owner it has always both pissed me off and baffled me big time that the M13 does not have one, despite the fact that most of the Line 6 products do.

Also, one of the M13 effects is Smart Harmony where, for instance, you can have major or minor scale 3rds, 5ths etc. Does the FX8 have this capability?

If anyone reading this has the Line 6 M13, do you get the same issues as me, i.e, sticky foot pressels and change in output volumes between scene switching and when powering down and back up again, despite carefully setting up the scene level outputs for unity gain? This annoying change in o/p volume is one of the main reasons I want the FX8, which claims to have 'Unity Gain'. The distortion tones of the M13 also leave a lot to be desired, something I don't believe will be an issue with the FX8.

Last edited:
The FX8 blocks are reportedly compatible with Axe, so should be able to grab and share blocks from the forum here and from AxeChange. Axe presets won't be compatible but I'm 98.3% certain that FX8-specific presets will be shared on AxeChange.

The Pitch block can cover the same ground as the "smart harmony" and you'll have the added bonus of parallel harmonies with two pitch blocks in parallel.

I currently run an M13 for all my verbs and delays and don't have the level issues you refer to. My switches haven't failed yet (thank God). But obviously the FX8 will sound and feel much (much!) better with its superior design, DSP and hardware.

Back
Top Bottom