Custom Scales ?

serge20261

Inspired
What are custom scales ? How would you use them,Ive noticed they don't show up on the editor only on the FX8 under Global.
Im trying to work out how to harmonise the guitar on the Toto hold the line solo and a few others,not having any luck can someone please explain how its done

thanks

You use custom scales with the Intelligent Harmonizer in the Pitch block. If the scale you want to use doesn't show up in the harmonizer's library of scales (which is rare), you can create your own.

You use custom scales with the Intelligent Harmonizer in the Pitch block. If the scale you want to use doesn't show up in the harmonizer's library of scales (which is rare), you can create your own.
Thanks for your response,is there an actual library of scales? I don't understand how the custom scale would integrate with the intelligent harmonizer. Are there any videos that would explain this procedure
from memory,the FX8 is not with ATM there are a few custom scales that can be allocated,would this form some sort of library that could be recalled via the pitch block

You program in the scales yourself in the global custom scales page. Then assign the pitch block to custom scale and the number of the scale from the global page. The scales are numbered 1-32.

There is a kind of oddity to the "key" parameter in the pitch block. If you set the pitch block to use the custom scale harmony, the "key" parameter is really a transpose setting. You have to calculate from the root of A to figure out the transposition.

For example, if you set the key in the pitch block to A, then there is no transposition. If you set the key to B, the scale is transposed up +2 semitones.

I struggled with the transposition a little. I wish the "key" parameter was changed to "transpose" in semitones. That is what changing key does in the case of the custom scales.

For most situations, you don't need custom scales. The ones built into the harmonized will take care of you.

Pull up a Pitch block, and set its type to Intelligent Harmonizer. Now you can use the Key and Scale parameters to choose most any commonly1used scale.

Back
Top Bottom