Wish Custom Control Knobs that control multiple parameters like the Eventide H9's "HotKnob" Feature

Ugly Bunny

Power User
REQUEST: Essentially, I'm requesting a new tab on each block (or certain blocks?) that has one or more Custom Knobs, where each knob controls multiple parameters (the more the better) similar to the way the H9 uses the Hotknob feature, which allows you to control up to three parameters at once (see below). These knobs would be assignable to a modifier.

HOW IT WORKS: You can set the minimum/starting value of the chosen parameters for the minimum range of the knob, then set the maximum/ending value for the maximum position of the knob. This know can be controlled by a scene controller, expression pedal, etc., effectively making scenes more powerful and flexible than ever.

WHY IS THIS COOL?: Using this feature in a Amp block, for instance, you can use the knob to turn the Drive from 1.5 to 7 while you turn the master volume down from 4.7 to 4.2, and turn the presence up from 6 to 7 (and as many parameters as it can handle or as few as you like)

NOTE: I say "starting/minimum" and "ending/maximum" because you will be able to set the starting point at, say, the maximum value of the knob, so you could effectively turn the amp drive down from maximum as you turn the bass knob up from 2 to 6, and turning the treble from 6 to 7, etc. So you could have a "starting/MAXimum" or an "ending/MINimum" or anything in between for the range of the knob(s).

EXPANDING ON THIS IDEA: This could essentially be like real-time variable scene controllers. There could be a Hotknob (or whatever it would be called) block and you could assign one or more Custom Knobs to parameters across your blocks, selecting the minimum/starting and maximum/ending ranges; the Amp's Drive parameter, the Delay's mix parameter, and the chorus's depth parameter, for instance, all adjustable in real-time.

hotknob.PNG

Last edited:
You can use the A/B/C/D/E knobs as modifiers to do this.
I can turn the gain in the amp block up AND turn the mix in the reverb knob down, both within pre-set ranges with one knob, and set this knob to be controlled by my EV-1?

Last edited:
Yes. It's the Manual controllers. Use them as sources for your modifiers and add them to the performance pages for real time control. You can then define the range and direction using the modifier settings for as many parameters as you want.

You can also get to the Manual controllers in the Controllers menu (C knob push) from the Home screen and tabbing over to the Manual page.

I can turn the gain in the amp block up AND turn the mix in the reverb knob down, both within pre-set ranges with one knob, and set this knob to be controlled by my EV-1?
I don't think you can assign a controller to control the Manual Controllers... But you can use the knobs.

You can combine the Manual controller and your pedal using the dual modifier sources and the Src1 + Src2 operation. That will give you some level of control with both. Turn the Manual knob all the way down and you can use the full range of the pedal and vice versa.

These are some good ideas, but not quite what I'm going for; I'm aiming for something as easy to set up and use as any knob in a block with the versatility of the H9's hotknob, only with (ideally) the ability to attach more than 3 parameters. The more the better; and then the ability to "morph" between the settings of the parameters using the knob (which could be put on a performance page) or an expression pedal (any modifier, really).

Are you thinking you'd need this sort of control (on a given set of parameters in one preset) from both front panel and an expression pedal at any time, like front panel one minute, pedal the next?

If you ultimately just want a pedal to control several parameters, I'm not sure how your system would save time vs. selecting pedal as source for each modifier. You're adding an extra thing (the virtual knob in the UI) that you still need to associate with each parameter, which adds the step of assigning the pedal to the knob.

I don't think you can assign a controller to control the Manual Controllers... But you can use the knobs.
It might be possible with SysEx. This works on the Axe-FX II, and with PC Reset enabled you can use the actual ABCD knob until the pedal is moved.

Back
Top Bottom