Current [v. 10.xx] user manual for download, please!

Sebastian

Power User
I know it exists, because I've seen it on pictures from "new owner" threads.
Shouldn't be that big of a task to replace the dated pdf file that's for download at the moment.

So please, make the current user manual available for download.

Best regards,

Sebastian

There is a pdf for 10.x for Ultra only. I've asked for permission to post a link.
FAS prefers it be linked on the main site.

Thanks for the hint :twisted:
Last time I could look (before the weasel blockade) it was still for 9.xx
Would be nice to have it officially available for all people though.

GuitarDojo said:
There is a pdf for 10.x for Ultra only. I've asked for permission to post a link.
FAS prefers it be linked on the main site.

I must be too dumb to understand the hint. I've clicked around on the main site, and can only find the 9.xx file.

edit: also tried various ways of adding the word ultra to the file name--no joy.

I can't for the life of me think of any reason why this wouldn't be posted somewhere for everyone to see.

I can only imagine that they want to make sure that there are no errors anymore.
I got my Ultra on v. 5.15 with according manual and when you read the current manual,
you realize that just updating/enhancing the old manual leads to some errors/ambiguities.
E.g. the part about the tonestack (bass/middle/treble controls) and which settings for active type, or passive respectively.
The Bogner and Recto models are mislabeled, too (Recto 1 & 2, Euro 1 & 2; correct would be Recto Orange & Red, Euro Blue & Red).

Flag!
I'd like to have it too, especially because English is not my first language and because of that it's sometimes difficult to be sure I don't miss anything about new features.

I found the manual for version 10.xx with a Google search. It includes new information. The Introduction still includes copy I originally found ambiguous;

"It's not a modeler in the strict sense. Although it has cabinet emulation and different amplifier "types" it does not attempt to model any effect exactly. Rather..."

When I first read this during pre-purchase research, I wondered if the amp and cab models were accurate emulations of specific products.

The manual later clarifies;
"The Axe-Fx’s amp, drive and cabinet simulations, however, are very faithful reproductions of the originals..."

A reader who skims may get the wrong idea initially.

I'd suggest rewriting the first sentences to something such as;
"It's not a effects unit modeler in the strict sense. Although it does accurately emulate specific amplifiers, drive pedals, and guitar cabinets, it does not attempt to model any particular effects unit by any manufacturer. Rather..."

$0.02

Back
Top Bottom