Current NON-Fractal Audio users making the switch ?

I'm a long time (and still satisfied) Ultra owner. Since the Axe I gets no respect from the Axe II owners, I feel like an outsider too. ;)

Actually one of my concerns is that I'll get the new box and spend my time tweaking it to sound like my Ultra.

I'm new to Fractal as well. I have been playing the Eleven Rack for quite some time now, but it is IMO pretty limited in the FX, and the amps could be better. When I bought the Eleven Rack, the intention was to swap it out for an Axe-Fx II eventually, so the AX8 is a welcome addition IMO, as I really want anything in one single unit.

i am onboard.The pricepoint drew me in to try fractal. I tried the helix and didnt like the amp/cabs in it.Many can get super tones but i didnt want to tweak alot..the ability to go deeper is excellent but i didnt want to HAVE to to get good tone.

My exact situation and thoughts. I'm hoping for much better feel & experience with the AX8...

I have been following the progress of modelers since the Digitech GNX4 almost ten years ago. It seems that they have made significant progress, to the point where I will be able to make the switch, without missing the tube amps.

the GNX4 was the first all in one modeler I ever owned, and I thought it was the cats ass ;) (Ive never owned a real amp).

I play in my basement, have followed Fractal for 3 or 4 years, and am finally ready to take the plunge.

I wont be making the switch just adding the AX8 to the hoard. But I currently have a custom MI Audio 50watt Iron Duke (marshall esk) and a Reynolds 25watt el84 class 8, the ax8 will be for studio and gig usage

Back
Top Bottom