Cubase 9.5 Elements and AXE FX II not giving audio

Greymaster97

Hey everyone!

Just got an AXE FX II and am using Cubase Elements 9.5. I am trying to record guitars directly from USB to the computer and am having trouble hearing anything while the program is running. My inputs and outputs are showing as "FAS USB Audio ASIO Drive," my MIDI Port Setup is showing "AXE-FX II MIDI In" and "MIDI Out" are active. Inputs 1 and 2, and outputs 1 and 2 are showing active in the VST Audio System Tab.

I have tried using MIDI tracks and audio tracks with the monitoring on. Additionally, I have made sure the I/O setting on the Axe FX itself is showing as "USB." What am I doing wrong here? I cannot hear any audio from any track, it records blank, and it doesn't show any sound levels while monitoring or not. If I shut down Cubase, the Axe FX works just fine.
P.S. I can hear the metronome playback.

Congratulations on getting your Axe-FX!

You shouldn't need MIDI input or output, unless you want to send program change info to the Axe-FX, etc. MIDI note info isn't output from the Axe-FX (no audio/MIDI conversion).

If you post screenshots from Axe-Edit of your input/output settings as well as your Cubase I/O settings, that might help with troubleshooting.

Congratulations on getting your Axe-FX!

You shouldn't need MIDI input or output, unless you want to send program change info to the Axe-FX, etc. MIDI note info isn't output from the Axe-FX (no audio/MIDI conversion).

If you post screenshots from Axe-Edit of your input/output settings as well as your Cubase I/O settings, that might help with troubleshooting.
Okay thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
On the Axe-FX, I don’t think you want USB as your input. If your guitar is plugged in to Input 1, then that's what you'd select.

Also, a screenshot of the Cubase inputs would help. I only see the outputs.

Here you go, I did change the I/O setting back to Analog (In 1). But nothing working yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot (66).png
    Screenshot (66).png
    31.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (67).png
    Screenshot (67).png
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
Actually, It just worked somehow, don't exactly know what all I did but I heard it in Cubase briefly, albeit with some bad latency issues. Now its back to not working again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom