Wish CS per Scene different color font or indication for on/off/last state.

nojyeloot

Experienced
@Michael Pickens

I use all 6 of the CS switches each week for different presets based off my template preset. Sometimes I have to rebuild presets based on previous weeks' presets that I may have updated the actual signal path and that includes setting the CS switches' states too. Scanning over the grid, I often miss the settings since "Off" looks so similar to "On".

Would it be possible to either color code, change font/italics, or something else entirely to visually highlight the state in this window? Maybe even have a different button? I understand that there are some here that are colorblind. Here are some crude mock up examples:

2023-04-16_20-17-33.png2023-04-16_20-19-54.png

Last edited:
I like the idea, but I think there needs to be a bigger difference. It took many seconds to scan the grid and pick out the three "On" boxes. Maybe it's just me, but that hints at a problem in transferring the info into our heads.
Spreadsheets and tables make me go cross-eyed. Any help in differentiation would be a boon....

@Michael Pickens

I use all 6 of the CS switches each week for different presets based off my template preset. Sometimes I have to rebuild presets based on previous weeks' presets that I may have updated the actual signal path and that includes setting the CS switches' states too. Scanning over the grid, I often miss the settings since "Off" looks so similar to "On".

Would it be possible to either color code, change font/italics, or something else entirely to visually highlight the state in this window? Maybe even have a different button? I understand that there are some here that are colorblind. Here are some crude mock up examples:

View attachment 119601View attachment 119602
I agree that the display needs to be more easily deciphered, but using red and green, or indiscriminately chosen colors, is not an improvement either. The red and green above are like staring at Christmas tree lights because they glow, almost painfully.

Changing the boldness of On vs. Off, not just the brightness, might help. Switching the button background for enabled CS from black to a dark gray might help too. Or, give us a CMD or CNTRL key option that toggles the display temporarily.

I'm really happy that Fractal is becoming more aware of this problem. Cab-Lab 4 had some rework during testing to make it easier for these weird eyes. :)

Spreadsheets and tables make me go cross-eyed. Any help in differentiation would be a boon....
Yeah, our brains have problems dealing with large blocks of data, and finding differences/deciphering it. I used to have to enter pages of data from green-bar paper printouts and my eyes felt like they were bugging out from the rows and columns and green stripes.

Yeah, our brains have problems dealing with large blocks of data, and finding differences/deciphering it. I used to have to enter pages of data from green-bar paper printouts and my eyes felt like they were bugging out from the rows and columns and green stripes.
I found a straight edge helpful in keeping on a row, which helps with at least reducing the issue some, but some visual difference would be a great help. If it was me doing the UI for that page, it'd be checkboxen instead of text - since those easily show on/off status visually, and a third state can be shown as a dash or inverted dash....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom