Crunch parameter?

MMMMM??? this is only one knob - it's easy to turn it and see what it does. I could see all this is if it had 2 or 3 pages of advanced params to control it ......... but it's only one knob! ?

edit: that sounds really good when set right :)

I don't get it. Even if you have no golden ears it is so "hearable" what it does. Just turn the damn knob and listen!

I don't get it. Even if you have no golden ears it is so "hearable" what it does. Just turn the damn knob and listen!

What I "don't get" are the people who are so intolerant of other people who want a deeper explanation if one is available. Cliff has done that in the past for some things, and it has helped those of us who are curious about these things. To my knowledge, revealing those explanations hasn't inconvenienced people like you who just turn knobs until it sounds good to you. Cliff didn't want to reveal in this case, which seems like it's fine to everybody who was asking. So why so intolerant? There's room for both types of people here! Chill.

stock-photo-bowl-of-chili-84894193.jpg

Perhaps we will start seeing some gently used Axe units up for sale from those owners who can no longer stand behind a company that isn't 100% forthright with information pertaining to any and all forum questions....

Perhaps we will start seeing some gently used Axe units up for sale from those owners who can no longer stand behind a company that isn't 100% forthright with information pertaining to any and all forum questions....

hey man, someone here already told cliff what he should have said, so i think your post was highly unnecessary.

;)

This thread is funny! so what is Crunch anyway? because I always thought of it as a function of distortion.

hey man, someone here already told cliff what he should have said, so i think your post was highly unnecessary.

;)

Don't shoot the messenger man, if Cliff acted like any other CEO and just spent time on his yacht, counting the money he made from a product with zero updates in the past 2 years, and never gave his customers the ability to actually interact (and usually get questions answered direct from the man in change 99% of the time), we wouldn't be in this mess of a thread LOL

Darn guy not only keeps giving up free updates and improves (yes change is scary, and stuff like L6 gear is "safe" since they are using the same algo's since pre Y2K era) but he also made the mistake of giving us treatment that should of been reserved for rock stars only.

I mean, yeah, if Metallica or the Edge have a question, they can have the CEO answer them, that is expected, but Cliff sure blew it big time, because he actually gave us small time guys that same level of respect, taking time out of his busy day to respond directly to as many post as possible here. What nerve huh...

Guy just must not understand how the music business is supposed to run.

;)

Where is the harm in being direct? If Cliff gave the direct answer he finally gave in the first place then we wouldn't be discussing it now. Also I also thanked Cliff for giving a proper response but my initial post was not directly intended for Cliff but more so toward everybody else that was making goofy pointless posts. I've seen many threads with simple questions quickly get hijacked and turned into a circus and the OP's question never really gets answered.

The OP asked a reasonable question and I assume there were more than a few people who were curious as to what the answer was going to be. Being that there are so many Amps in the Axe Fx, the crunch parameter may not be as pronounced on some Amp types as it is on others. Perhaps the OP couldn't really tell if it were doing anything? So I think it was a fair enough question.

And fair enough there is a time and a place for goofing off or a funny post here and there but it was obviously getting pretty stupid really quick and it seemed like it needed to be reigned in a bit.

So anyway we got a direct answer now. Fine, moving on.... :)

Last edited:

The sarcasm escaped me on this one first time around. :)

Back
Top Bottom