Wish Crossfading Channel Changes in a Block

With the Multiplexer i was able to get rid of the Swoosh by not having to Bypass the Cab, as the Cab state seems to be the cause of the Swoosh.

I tried the multiplexer AND a bypass to the Cab in order to isolate the problem and got that swoosh when Bypassing the Cab, So there is some weirdness with the Cab block Maybe the IR has a tail..?

If i do not Bypass the Cab and use a multiplexer there is no noise. Any other option gave me a swoosh.

When i get to my rig later ill try to do this without the Multiplexer by using the Bypass+MUTE in the Cab, which is the one thing i haven't tried yet (although i suspect its the pesky Cab at any event)...

Hopefully that works otherwise it dictates i change many presets and i rather keep my presets as they are if i can find a solution such as just Bypassing the Cab with a MUTE state.

But maybe its much a cleaner change overall if everything stays ON all the time and only the Multiplexer changes the path, so that might end up being the cleanest solution.

Ill report back. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in the process of converting a bunch of AX8 patches to the III so I can rack my III with the X32 mixer, in-ears and other fun stuff arriving soon. I'm running into a bunch of the issues discussed here. The inability to use channels for seamless scene changing on some blocks, namely the Amp block, is a disappointment.

All the techniques / workarounds included here are good, but they are hard to keep track of since each block has a different way to approach it.

And, I could have sworn I read that channel changes on the Amp block would be seamless if the model stayed the same? I just tried to "animate" the "Level" knob between channels and it still drops out.

I'll echo the sentiment that there should be some deterministic set of changes to the Amp block that the III should be able to channel change between. I'll let the Creator suggest a list if the time comes that it should pass...

Oh, and FYI, the "Block Info" mode is helpful if you've forgotten which blocks have channel changes - turning this on let's you see what channel they are on. I'd also like to see a little yellow dot appear on ones that have modifier settings so that info was visible without having to go to the "Controllers" tab.

The inability to use channels for seamless scene changing on some blocks, namely the Amp block, is a disappointment.
it's a reality of audio processing.
And, I could have sworn I read that channel changes on the Amp block would be seamless if the model stayed the same? I just tried to "animate" the "Level" knob between channels and it still drops out.
it could be another block changing channels causing the audio gap so there are no noises.

i always ask: would people rather have silence or a loud pop noise?

it's a reality of audio processing.

it could be another block changing channels causing the audio gap so there are no noises.

i always ask: would people rather have silence or a loud pop noise?

I get that there are some cases where this is not possible, but I bet there are a few even for the amp block that are. Certainly what can be done with a modifier could be done automagically by the creator.

Back
Top Bottom