Creating new preset volume help.

ATR1

Inspired
I created a new preset from scratch, added blocks, setup pedals. I have low to no volume. When I go to the setup then utility page, then status tab to check my levels they are all about 15-20%? The 1L input level is about 75-80% the 2L & 2R are about 15%, output levels the same. I checked all levels on effect page they are all around 12-1 o'clock.When I hit my bypass switch I have good level. I know I am missing one setting can't figure it out. If switch to a different preset all is well?
Thx.

I had the bypass mode set to FX OUT MUTE. all is well. THX. what is the purpose of the bypass mode?

trying to upload won't let me? Keeps telling me there is an error.

here it is. i'm busy with something else right now, but i'll try to look at your preset later tonight.

Attachments

• Tony - BLOCK-1+.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
You've got the Phaser block's Bypass Mode set to "Mute Fx Out," and you're running it at 100% mix. That means that you're telling it to go silent when it's bypassed. The result: silence. :)

You've got the Phaser block's Bypass Mode set to "Mute Fx Out," and you're running it at 100% mix. That means that you're telling it to go silent when it's bypassed. The result: silence. :)
i doubt he actually wants the phaser at 100% mix. i'd suggest trying 50% at most and see if that sound is desirable.

i'm curious as to why a Phaser has a "Mute Fx Out" setting? i thought that was only for delay and reverb blocks?

You're right: it will sound much more phaser-like at 50% mix.But there can be musically valid reasons for those choices, depending on what you're trying to accomplish. I think he's trying to accomplish a phaser, though. :)

Thank you guys for looking. What if I put the phaser parallel? This preset is based off of VAN-DANZI in the AXE FX section. see his video on settings. In the AXE he is running parallel with phaser, reverb and flange.

A phaser running at 0 dB level and 100% mix will essentially give you a 50% mix so, yeah. :)

I didn't try it in mono, and I'm not at my gear. Give out a listen in mono, and see how it sounds.

Thank you guys for looking. What if I put the phaser parallel? This preset is based off of VAN-DANZI in the AXE FX section. see his video on settings. In the AXE he is running parallel with phaser, reverb and flange.
What do you prefer about running the phaser and flanger in parallel?

Back
Top Bottom