Creating Failure guitar sounds with the AxeFX III

@Ken Andrews

Friggin awesome! One of my favorite albums of all time for sure.
I missed you in Seattle (I think at RKNDY) in the 90s cos I got grounded.

Thanks for the video!

I must admit that I didn't know Failure at all, but I gonna change that. And the video is really very, very, very inspiring for the work with the Axe III, especially for new users like me. Thank you very much and I will follow your classes from now on.

Anyone create preset based on Ken's video?

...Thanks!
I had made some templates with all the settings I saw from Ken's video but haven't had a chance to finish and tweak them. Hopefully this weekend I will have time to modify it for my Majesty since it's one input with piezo switch.
@Ken Andrews Awesome video, Thank you!

Attachments

• Counterfeit Sky_GblpEb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Saturday Savior_KjzmDb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Undone_KegcEb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 41
I played around with the Delay block trick - sounds massive in headphones!

However with my Xitone wedges in stereo side by side, I noted some (seeming) phasing issues. I need to experiment some more.

Anyone else try this yet?

I played around with the Delay block trick - sounds massive in headphones!

However with my Xitone wedges in stereo side by side, I noted some (seeming) phasing issues. I need to experiment some more.

Anyone else try this yet?

I think this Delay block trick does the same thing as the Enhancer block in Classic mode. This Enhancer block has phase inversion, which might address the issues you experienced.

Loving Ken's content - what a tone master! It motivated me to dig up On. Reminds me of Eric Avery's post Jane's Addiction project Polar Bear if put through a Failure filter - so good!

Back
Top Bottom