creating a preset for acoustic guitars

bluesmostly

Inspired
I am wondering what the best approach would be to create a patch for acoustic guitars, both steel and nylon string. What would the signal chain look like? any need for amp or cab? compression, filter,...? I just know I would like some reverb. thanks.

I am wondering what the best approach would be to create a patch for acoustic guitars, both steel and nylon string. What would the signal chain look like? any need for amp or cab? compression, filter,...? I just know I would like some reverb. thanks.

I created a patch for my Takemine EN40 using the tube pre amp block no cab IR I just used the EQ in the amp block. Got a great sound for recording and live using this

James

You dont need a cab block for sound - just an amp block. In fact you dont actually need an amp block either (tough you'll have to turn up the main volume). I route keyboards through the AFX for recording straight in - no blocks - straight out.

For my acoustic - I just use a little compression (if needed) first - then the amp block with the tube Pre amp type, then a little reverb (again if needed).

how are you amplifying your acoustic? mic? pickup? piezo's?

if you're using piezo's, then compression, tube pre, cab block with acoustic ir loaded, reverb would be a good chain

I like to use tube pre also with no cab block. I usually turn up the trim depending on which acoustic and turn down the mv. I also use yeks compression settings from the mother of all effects, a peq to taste, and a plate reverb.

Some helpful soul posted some Fishman Aura impulses around here somewhere. Try these in the cab block. I find them great for removing that horrible squelch / quack sound you can get when DIing an acoustic guitar.

I also use tube pre and tape saturation.

how are you amplifying your acoustic? mic? pickup? piezo's?

if you're using piezo's, then compression, tube pre, cab block with acoustic ir loaded, reverb would be a good chain

thanks simeon, the acoustic has a pickup (piezo) inside. where can I find the acoustic IR to put in the place of the cab block?

Some helpful soul posted some Fishman Aura impulses around here somewhere. Try these in the cab block. I find them great for removing that horrible squelch / quack sound you can get when DIing an acoustic guitar.

I also use tube pre and tape saturation.

Anyone have the link for the Fishman Aura IRs? Been looking around for them, but can't find the original post. Thanks! :)

anyone? still would like to know how to get sound without using a cab block, or where to find and how to load an acoustic IR...

Look for the Tommy IR on Axechange. Then load it to your user cabs with Axedit 1.9. Then make a prest with a compressor block, the tube pre, the cab and some reverb. Tweak the tube pre and then add a little pedal type compression and reverb if u need.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

anyone? still would like to know how to get sound without using a cab block, or where to find and how to load an acoustic IR...

As long as you have a path from the left side of the grid to the right, you should get sound.

The Tube Pre Amp block is just for gain, aka loudness.

-- Amp Block --------> output

Back
Top Bottom